Page 2 of 1384 FirstFirst 1234512521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Blk AP1, GPW AP2
    ma ybe if u looking for a good Ep3 u can buy mine ...hahaha

btw my one is the only 05 in the whole australia .... private import from auction

but wht i trying to say is if u not willing pay over 30k on raod for a EP3
    u better try yr luck on the auction in jap.... the cheapest Ep3 i saw so far is a 01 model with 70k+ km selling 1.2m yen + fob cost + on road cost + compliance will be around $25k

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    yep thats right, ive already looked down that avenue, and seems like the better option.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by xqwzit View Post
    ep3 > s2k > fn2
    You gotta be kinding right? I dont think its better than an s2k...
    civic type R

Lol, its called personal preference or in laymans terms opinion
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Blk AP1, GPW AP2
    yea i would not say a EP3 will better than a S2k...since they both their advantage and disadvantage.....

also like or not is so personal hahaha

but since i have my civic it seems quicker than a S2k.....may be just the feel....wht a normal s2k pwr is like ??

Ive had an s2k, and now i have a jdm ep3. To compare the straight line performance of the 2... They are right on par with each other!!! but the braking, cornering and downshifting of a jdm ep3 has to be experianced to be believed, and kills everything ive ever driven!! not for pure speed, but the whole driving package is just awesome!!! It puts an even bigger smile on my face than my old evo8 mr. If you ever have a chance to pick up an ep3, dont pass it up. Its the best value car available on the market!!!
    Last edited by scud; 10-10-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    ^thats exactly what i want to hear! an ex EVO driver with an ep3 and loving it! thanks for that dude

No probs Shaun, To sum it up in a short. Buy a jdm ep3 if you love tight twistie roads and want to challenge yourself. Buy an evo if you just want to go as fast as possible and let the computers sort everything out for you. But the best thing about the jdm ep3 is unlike an evo, you dont have to spend bucket loads of money on aftermarket parts to make it a great car, it comes almost perfect from the factory!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    I totally agree...
    I've driven an evo8 MR as well, yes the Evo has remarkable speed. But might add it also drinks a lot more. EP, well...what can I say...it is a complete package and fuel efficient.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Agree with all you guys. I test drove all the so called "Hot Hatches" in Aus, maybe not all, I didnt really drive many of the Euro ones....but thats not the point.

None of them really excited me, except for maybe the MPS3, good power and speed, not much else.

I test drove a DC5R, assumed the EP3 would be the same or better (dont want to get into an argument about which ones better, DC5 guys). So i pretty much bought one without test driving it.

And I dont regret it. Its the coolest go kart I have ever owned, except for the Mira I had many years ago.

YES GUYS you can spend alot of money on the car still. Look at all the goodies out there!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    CF doors!
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

I've had DC2R and driven DC5R and few other civics but not yet EP3, at the moment I have S2K, for me DC2R is by far the most exciting out of all of them, it's pretty much race car for street (I also had I/H/E, coilovers ect) so car was pretty fast even in a stright line (new owner, good friend of mine pulled 14.3 down the 1/4) while I just managed to get into 14s with S2K. EP3 should be pretty interesting as well, and fast but I don't know if it's good to be on same level as DC2R, from all the tests I watched from europe it's good but not as good as DC2R, apperantly the new JDM CTR (sedan) is first car with red bage since DC2R that can fully back up "R" letter in it's name (this is according to new EVO magzine, they did a test on it and that tested a fine example of DC2R next to it.