Page 3 of 1384 FirstFirst 12345613531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981 View Post
    EP3 should be pretty interesting as well, and fast but I don't know if it's good to be on same level as DC2R, from all the tests I watched from europe it's good but not as good as DC2R...........
    the Euro EP3 is different to JDM EP3.

euro has detuned K20 and no LSD. so if you based your opinion on euro tests, they might not be accurate.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    wow even an Evo MR owner is impressed...

gotta be a mad one...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    on the ep3 topic. check out this ep3 beast
    http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=534

Most of tests I've watched were on euro EP3 but some were from Japan where they used Jap spec one, still not as good as DC2R, the only R that's on same level is aprently the one we are not getting (4 door sedan)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    i heard a rumour that the 4 door sedan type r which is currently being sold in japan is going to b shipped here next year and going to b replacing the new hatchback type r hmm JDM ep3 and a DC2R i really wouldnt see much of a difference between the 2

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    i heard a rumour that the 4 door sedan type r which is currently being sold in japan is going to b shipped here next year and going to b replacing the new hatchback type r hmm JDM ep3 and a DC2R i really wouldnt see much of a difference between the 2
    Where'd you here that from?
    civic type R

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    Ive had an s2k, and now i have a jdm ep3. To compare the straight line performance of the 2... They are right on par with each other!!! but the braking, cornering and downshifting of a jdm ep3 has to be experianced to be believed, and kills everything ive ever driven!! not for pure speed, but the whole driving package is just awesome!!! It puts an even bigger smile on my face than my old evo8 mr. If you ever have a chance to pick up an ep3, dont pass it up. Its the best value car available on the market!!!
    find it really hard to believe...must test drive one then
    arrowz
    SiR

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_typer View Post
    Where'd you here that from?
    Here's one source, though it doesn't specifically mention replacing the FN2 Type R.

Wheels online article

Wonderful if true, but it's hard to believe Honda Australia would sell both Type Rs, and it seems they've already committed to launching the ordinary (non-Type R) FN2 here.

OTOH, the FD2 Type R would be very profitable at current exchange rates, while the FN2 isn't. And hey, why should we take a back seat to Malaysia?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramp Signal View Post
    Here's one source, though it doesn't specifically mention replacing the FN2 Type R.

Wheels online article

Wonderful if true, but it's hard to believe Honda Australia would sell both Type Rs, and it seems they've already committed to launching the ordinary (non-Type R) FN2 here.

OTOH, the FD2 Type R would be very profitable at current exchange rates, while the FN2 isn't. And hey, why should we take a back seat to Malaysia?
    Fair enough...exchange rates aren't really that good, apart from comparing it to the US, against other curriencies it hasnt really moved. I still recon it would be profitable Honda Aus. bringing it to Australia.
    civic type R

I can tell you that its far more problematic to try and bring in the FD2 instead of the FN2 and Honda Australia probably didn't see the FD2 (In all their claims of experience and expertise) fitting in their lineup/marketing strategy.

FN2 is very very easy to be ADR compliant. Just use the European crash results and safety test and your done (its more complicated than that but its about that easy to pass). The FD2 however I can tell you right now is far harder to get approved. ADR deems that Japanese Crash/Safety standards aren't worthy and need them to be tested and made specially compliant for Australia and her oh so high and mighty standards. This means ANY part that doesn't pass must be changed, redesigned and made to comply before it can pass.

They can ping anything they like from headlights (yes, they deem some Japanese Factory headlights are not worthy) to seatbeat anchors as unworthy and need attention. Without any idea how much it could cost (It takes $$$ to get it tested and if your pinged you must make a diffferent model have that tested) its just far simpler to get the model that can sail through all the checks with flying colours.

This is what I gathered from ADR, SEVS and talking with friends that do compliance work
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Guys, and for those who are new, before you continue on talking about the FD2 coming to Aus, this topic has already been covered and discussed in this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=71491&page=1

Please note this thread is for the EP3 model.

Bahahaha, didn't even see/remember that thread but basically its like I said, they have to consider making it complaint to Australia's uber high standards
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter