Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

EK1 Tacho Options + max rpm

hey every1, just got an ek1 and having no tacho is annoying the hell out of me.

i have found the following options:Any one have any ideas? i'm not looking to change the cluster either

edit: also whats the max rpm for the d16y4 of the cxi? just wanting to make sure..

thanks
    Last edited by |nick|; 24-10-2007 at 04:02 PM.

get a ek1 gli cluster which already has the tacho in it.
    straight fit man
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeh mang
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    haha a friend had this problem. he bought a tacho for his car cos it didnt have a rev gauge, and i think the tacho comes with 3 wires coming off it? 2 for power and 1 for the engine rev's.. for the power we tapped into the wires for his cig lighter.. the red and black wires.. they produce the power.. and u need to find a blue wire with a white strip down it for the rev's. i think u will find that if u pop your bonnet.. there will be an unused wire with some rubber coating just sitting there on the left near your left suspension mount.. we really couldnt be bothered to feed the wire through the wall mount.. so if u take the bottom bit off your dash.. like the plastic bit which runs along from the fuse box to the middle console and the glove box out and the center console which houses the cig lighter.. u should be able to find some wires.. and tap into them have fun.. should only take like 1 hour.. otherwise get a new cluster like they said above

edit : his car was an ek1 cxi too
    Last edited by ekdez; 14-10-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    haha a friend had this problem. he bought a tacho for his car cos it didnt have a rev gauge, and i think the tacho comes with 3 wires coming off it? 2 for power and 1 for the engine rev's.. for the power we tapped into the wires for his cig lighter.. the red and black wires.. they produce the power.. and u need to find a blue wire with a white strip down it for the rev's. i think u will find that if u pop your bonnet.. there will be an unused wire with some rubber coating just sitting there on the left near your left suspension mount.. we really couldnt be bothered to feed the wire through the wall mount.. so if u take the bottom bit off your dash.. like the plastic bit which runs along from the fuse box to the middle console and the glove box out and the center console which houses the cig lighter.. u should be able to find some wires.. and tap into them have fun.. should only take like 1 hour.. otherwise get a new cluster like they said above

edit : his car was an ek1 cxi too

Lol. Is it possible to be more brief?

I used the 'Accessories' thing on the fuseboard, next to steering wheel, with a spade connector, it is straight fit. Probably an easier and neater way of doing it.

If you buy a tacho, and want help with wiring (where to get power/ where to ground/ where to find blue wire) send me a pm...

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    lol sorry..

but its a pretty straight forward install.. i told u what to look for and its fun to explore your car

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    GLI cluster looks a lot neater and better imo. i currently have a 60mm autogage meter on my b- pillar. i hate it!

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    GLI cluster looks a lot neater and better imo. i currently have a 60mm autogage meter on my b- pillar. i hate it!
    Think you mean A-pillar, and same, i have a 3.75" on my dash and its crap i recon.... I'd rather the GLi cluster, but if i dont need it, ill keep the money instead...

hay i dont know if this gonna sound noob but can u fit a ek9 cluster on a ek1? iv asked a few ppl some say "yes, plug n play" some say no, if no what mods do i need to do to fit it on a ek1?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 1999 EK Hatch
    I'd just go a brand new cluster, makes everything look neat and in it's place.

In fact I will be doing that by the end of this year aswell, saw a very neat BuddyClub EK Cluster that I'm keen to get my hands on!

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/Cl...gauges_eDM.htm

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1_D View Post
    hay i dont know if this gonna sound noob but can u fit a ek9 cluster on a ek1? iv asked a few ppl some say "yes, plug n play" some say no, if no what mods do i need to do to fit it on a ek1?
    Should be plug and plag....

and fok, that buddyclub cluster is nice... i would be looking at buying that if it didnt hav that MPH on it...

Yeh get a GLI Cluster, it will look way better and it will be 100% plug and play

Pm me as i got one for sale.