Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic

Smile D.I.Y. Civic FD (Automatic) Replacement of shift knob + new Shift boot on

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Replacement of shift knob

Steps:

1: Remove the original gear knob

Look form the dash side

Pry both side and push downwards at the same times

Extra tool recommend.

remove two screws, one at each side.

Now, you see the push down button in order to change gear.

Ok, replace the AT shift knob, i use one Momo brand. and you are done.
    Enjoy your new interior look of your civic.

Thanks for watching, and questions are welcome
    Shift boot DIY will post the other day :P

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Shift boot on AUTO CIVIC FD

Required:

As you see in the picture above.

Steps:
    1:
    Remove the shift knob (check my previous post)

2:
    “carefully” Pry 4 clips to remove the sq trim cover. (recommend use finger nails, screw will damage the plastic, but its hard, and itz hurts ~,~)

3:
    “carefully” Pry 3 clips to remove the trim ring.
    (recommend use flat screw driver)
    I did not take photo when removing it, the pic below give you an idea where is the clips is and also location of the led.

4:
    Flod the shift boot inside out, and then secuire the boot and the knob together. I used a zip.

5:
    secure the shift boot with the plastic trim shown in the pic below. I add a little glue, that way the boot will not come off when I shift to P or S, also provide a significant MT look when on gear D and N.

6:
    You are nearly finished. Now you get all 3 pieces together, put the knob on the gear rod and secure it with the screws that provided when you but the knob. Then you put back the silver trim on and you have a MT civic . (When you putting the knob on the rod, DONOT pust the button down, otherwise you will not able to remove your key)

Here is some pic of the finish product:

Pic from US user

Hope this help, welcome any question. I have received few question on how to DIY the interior lighting, I will post that later.

thanks for watching
    Last edited by tkbuild; 11-11-2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Shift boot on AUTO CIVIC FD

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    does i need to broken the stock gear knob for taking it out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ew, Eg civic
    it would be silly if Honda designed a gear knob, that has to be broken before taken off the car....

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    wanna sell me your stock gear knob?

good writeup
    You never go ass to mouth!

Nice DIY, but don't think I like that look. I can just imagine copping flak from passengers when they realise I drive an auto but wish it was a manual so bad.

Well done tho!

Also I wonder if its a 'defect'. As manual transmissions must have the gear locations printed on the knob, so I assume auto transmission must have markings to do the same. But when you remove the round silver part you lose those markings.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    Also I wonder if its a 'defect'. As manual transmissions must have the gear locations printed on the knob, so I assume auto transmission must have markings to do the same. But when you remove the round silver part you lose those markings.
    Thanks,
    secondly, there are few model of Euo car eg. BMW 120i they have shift boot on Auto, and the gear is shown on the Speedo only. i cant tell whether mine is defect or not, but at least there are some models do not show the gear markin beside the shift knob. i think the only way cops can say is i have modification in my car, but i think most of us do.

good writeup, although personally i think it looks bad

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    good writeup, although personally i think it looks bad
    thx.. lol yeah it an ugly DIY, every one have different taste. do you have any good taste DIY for share?

i wasn't paying him out, as he said - everyone has different taste, im just giving my opinion and gave him props for writing it up.. id never be able to write something up like this lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    i cant see the pics.. =(

can you re upload the pics, they arent showing anymore mate

me neither
    d e e p S i x [d6]™