Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Dayz

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Sorry bout' da questions but....
    1.With the practice run is it the same track set up as the sprint track?
    2.What brake fluid would you recommend? I'm currently using Honda fluids.
    3.Should I upgrade the oil aswell?
    4.Will I need to change the front and rear camber? I'm going from 205/40/17 to 195/55/15.
    1. Saturday Sprints runs the sprint course exclusively for the afternoon from around 12.30pm - 1pm to the end of the day ...

You'll average 3 session; 4 if there is no stoppages

You have a total of 7 laps:

- 1 warm up lap
    - 5 timed laps
    - 1 cool down lap

Use your warm up lap to scrub heat into your tyres

2. I currently use MOTUL RBF600 and in a set of EK brakes with CC-X pads and find it's doing it's job

3. Upgrading the oil; if your only using something basic on the street it's a good idea to get something with a bit more lubrication in track conditions

4. You can set up your camber to accommodate the type of track, but this generally is only learn through practice. Remember the camber settings for racing are a lot more aggressive then what you require for the road and will chew your tyres out if you leave the settings on the street.
    Hipower Racing EG - 60.82 !!! QR Sprint course
    My EG4 + JDM B18C powered Civic SOLD !

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by macoman69 View Post
    How much would tire pressure increase to if your running a semi-slick. (Ie how much of a gain in PSI)
    I've got a few figures from last Thursday at WP.

Air Temp 21`
    Track temp 32`
    Front tyres 28psi
    Rear tyres 30psi

After 10 laps
    Front tyres 38psi
    Rear tyres 38psi

Ran the same all day and ran consistant times. It just comes down to checking as higher temps will mean higher tyre pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    4.Will I need to change the front and rear camber? I'm going from 205/40/17 to 195/55/15.
    Your not going to have any real adjustability without getting geometry products....... something I wish I had had back in the day.

Still..... an alignment I find would be valuable.

I still get the urge to tell you to go out there with as little money as possible spent... especially the first few times out.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRVspec95 View Post
    1. Saturday Sprints runs the sprint course exclusively for the afternoon from around 12.30pm - 1pm to the end of the day ...

You'll average 3 session; 4 if there is no stoppages

You have a total of 7 laps:

- 1 warm up lap
    - 5 timed laps
    - 1 cool down lap

Use your warm up lap to scrub heat into your tyres

The sprint course looks like alot more fun than the national. Just from watching V8 Supercars I've gotta say QR looks pretty boring, but that sprint course throws a few left/right combinations into the circuit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    The sprint course looks like alot more fun than the national. Just from watching V8 Supercars I've gotta say QR looks pretty boring, but that sprint course throws a few left/right combinations into the circuit.
    Indeed ...

I wish we had something like Wakefield Park here in Brissie ...

Went down to Goulburn for the Autosalon Time attack and the track is small but has awesome elevation and corner changes

Watching an Evo go off the back straight like a break dancer after getting the small kink wrong was spectacular
    Hipower Racing EG - 60.82 !!! QR Sprint course
    My EG4 + JDM B18C powered Civic SOLD !

Member Array
    Car:
    RunX
    Quote Originally Posted by luxobarge View Post
    Most of the important things have been said...
    A critical one is tyre pressure... it is better to over inflate them... try atleast 40psi. I heard a story a month back about a guy that rolled an M3 at QR, they found out he only had 12psi in his tyres (may have been tyre). To make it worse it was his mum's car, to make it even worse again he told her he was going to the library to study for uni.
    Thats their favourite story at QR, shame it is a different model BMW and excuse as to where he was ment to be taking mummy's car each time they tell it. I think the story is bull But either way the moral of the story still stands.

i think an upgrade of pads is essential.. nothing worse then trying to brake and you get nothing .....

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Wakefield must have picked up its act of late when i first went there around ten years ago it wasn't worth the trip from Sydney

There was a huge pot holes on the insides of the corners and a single row of carports.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Sweeet
    A full synthetic Oil would be better for the track then rather than say a semi synthetic?
    I'll get a wheel alignment done and leave the camber kit for the future possibly.

As if I wasn't psyched before... I'm so keen to hit it now!!!!!!

Nobody has talked about anything breaking which is very reassuring.

Remember to have fun.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    someone organise the next ozhonda trackday for sydneysiders already LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Haha.Thanks mate,will do!
    Don't take it too serious right.Fun is number 1.Got it