Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS light ON..

ABS light ON..

Hi there.. i have a itr and the ABS light keeps coming on every now and then..
    sometimes when u are turning corners and u slighty break.. u can feel a click in the break pedal and then the ABS light comes on..
    However if u turn the engine off for a short time it goes away.. but it will come again.

does anyone know if this is a serious matter.. and will it cost a fortune to get the problem fixed.

thanks...

ECU-MAN diagnose my abs quite awhile ago...
    PM him for details

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you can start bt checking the ABS ECU for fault codes

locate the SCS connector ( same location as the CRX ) short it out and read the flashes from the ABS light

bellow is an example on how to read codes. ABS is the same as PGMFI

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record the fault codes on a piece of paper so you can cross reference the codes. The Codes are flashed out as followed.

Tens are represented by a long flash of the MIL
    Units are represented by a short quick flash of the MIL

example, code 43 ( fuel supply system )

long long long long quick quick quick

the ECU will pause for two seconds and repeat the fault code again. read the codes out at least twice to make sure you have the correct code recorded.

it is possible to have multiple codes in the ECU, if you do, you get 1 code then a 2 second wait then the next code.

bellow is an example of code 43 and to the right code 41 and code 1

i told u that hes the man...
    hehe

thanks guys.. but my ABS light does not flash.. it comes on and stays on (no flashing).. or is there a way that i can get it to flash??

Car:
    twin GX160's
    did you even read what I wrote above ???

have u checked ur brake fluid?

i cant figure which cable it is bcos there too many.. i got some that goes into the engine management and some dat goes into a flat aluminum box..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if u dont wanna do the above...
    then just drive to your local honda dealer, tell them to diagnose the issue with abs light coming on, and they may charge you $20 to check the error..... most times they can clear the error and it will be okay.....hence it happened to mine................

Car:
    twin GX160's

have you found the green holder that holds the SCS ? ( pic on right )

i've checked in that place and i havent got a green holder..

i've only got a grey one but that connects to the engine managment..

thanks alot mate...

Newcomer Array
    have you fixed your problem yet? because i had the same thing.. and it was the grounder for ABS that was F^&$d for me and i regrounded it and it works perfectly now

Hope that helps