Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    whats the thoughts on body kits? im considering putting one on but not real sure yet what i want to do

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Up to you.It's gonna be fibreglass,it's gonna crack and might not have good panel gap and fit depending on the panelshop and the quality of kit.

Personally not really worth it.They look good already but thats me..
    Just need sensible lowering..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R T
    Im wanting to put a b18c2 in my da9 but im finding hard to get conversion parts like mounts a harnesses n all that. anyone recommend me any good places to get this stuff?

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    surely somewhere in america would stock all the stuff u need. the americans go nuts for da9. ps, i like the idea of this thread. not going for engine conversion or turbo myself yet, already got i/e, getting headers soon, prob lightened flywheel, no idea where to go from there

Quote Originally Posted by jezboi View Post
    Im wanting to put a b18c2 in my da9 but im finding hard to get conversion parts like mounts a harnesses n all that. anyone recommend me any good places to get this stuff?
    Hasport and Innovative are two big names in engine mounts in the US. Personally I'd go Hasport because I know of their outstanding reputation and quality products.

Like sml-089 said, the US is the best place to source parts, but if you find what you want you may be able to locate a dealer in Australia.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    i think i saw the american ebay having some...

yeh i looked at a few american da9s with front mounts and they use stock front bar and they look good so i mite just follow with that and fix the stock rear bar and lowering of course...

i think if ur just goin for a n/a b18a you could look at cams, injectors, lowering engine bay temps, im not 100% sure but i think you could get a gain from water injection on it but im not sure.... (i know for a fact its good for turbo/supercharged cars).
    head work port and polishing bumping the cr up. theres alot you can do (even lightening the body will help (no interior etc.))
    (but if your like me i dont like gutted interiors for the fact of it doesnt feel comfortable if you catch my drift.)

you could also look at a supercharger if you dont like turbos.

i dont kno if anyones tried it but holding hand brakeys in da9s is really easy, ive got it down pat now
    Last edited by A-man; 08-01-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by jezboi View Post
    You use your existing b18a1 mounts. Just have to swap the engine sides over.
    you just need a swapped ecu with converted harness. anyone doing the swap can either wire in the extra few wires. or you can convert to obd1 that wont cost you more than $600 inc ecu and stock rom.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    A-man

i like this idea!

i would like to know how many b18c da9's are around? i have 1 and i know actionman does too. any one else?

or what other then the stock engines do people have in their da9?
    B20vtec with ITBs

Quote Originally Posted by ACTI0NMAN-1 View Post
    How many DA9 b18c with nitrous are there???
    Oh yeah and NOS. I think that makes 2 DA9s
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    Quote Originally Posted by A-man View Post
    i think if ur just goin for a n/a b18a you could look at cams, injectors, lowering engine bay temps, im not 100% sure but i think you could get a gain from water injection on it but im not sure.... (i know for a fact its good for turbo/supercharged cars).
    head work port and polishing bumping the cr up. theres alot you can do (even lightening the body will help (no interior etc.))
    (but if your like me i dont like gutted interiors for the fact of it doesnt feel comfortable if you catch my drift.)

you could also look at a supercharger if you dont like turbos.
    Yeh i was tossing up, larger tb, port and polish. looking into injectors and fuel pumps and stuff like that atm. dont like gutted interior, i wouldnt rip out sound deadening coz i dont want it that noisy, and i have passengers in the car, front and rear all the time so would take out seats, but would prob for a track day or drag run.
    i have considered turbo at a later stage but am p plater still so its a no no.
    On another note, got a super rare OEM optional front lip for my da just yesterday. needs a lil work before i get it on though... keep posted!

Nice, where'd you get the lip from?

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    CLINT..lets get the lips!

btw...i'd love to meet up..but then...the engine is too slow..and i got a few more mods up my sleeve..so mite wait a bit..and JOEY....u ain't even in aust...talk about it when u r back!

btw..my handbrake light keep staying on...can someone tell me why before i rip everything open?!?!
    Last edited by Spoon DA9R; 09-01-2008 at 12:22 AM.
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    top up ur brake fluid. i got the lip second hand from an ozhonda member, discussed it at the da cruise we had (benefits of going on the cruises lol) and bought it on monday. need to get a little plastic welding done, but only minimal and then colour code and itll be sweet
    ps for those who dont know this lip, this is what it looks like fitted http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...100IbuWzJwycMV