Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    OK i know this is primarily because i'm using a JDM P30 rom but was wondering i got the following codes:

20 - Electrical load sensor???
    36 - Obviously i don't have this, but will it cause the above?

IF yes to the latter i can drive the car OK and ignore the check engine light right?

I don't wanna shove the "Spoon" rom back in coz its shit and i get 300Km/40l of petrol
    So are u gettin a CEL while driving?

Ignore code 20,u do not have an ELD in your car & has nothing to do with code 36 & will not cause a CEL

If u are gettin a CEL while driving,maybe u have to feed a dummy load to the trac cont inputs &/or outputs.PM ECUMAN he knows all this shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    So are u gettin a CEL while driving?

Ignore code 20,u do not have an ELD in your car & has nothing to do with code 36 & will not cause a CEL

If u are gettin a CEL while driving,maybe u have to feed a dummy load to the trac cont inputs &/or outputs.PM ECUMAN he knows all this shit.
    nah i get CEL as soon as the engine is running, but not while the engine is off and in ignition.

just tried driving it too and it goes into some sort of "limp mode", if car is put on load won't rev past 2krpm.. had to rev it just under and slip the clutch just to get it back up the driveway

thanks for the advice, will pm ecu-man
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Yeah,he'll prob know how to disable the trac control or what sort of signals to trick it with

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    i got a 61.... is that bad???? i just read this randomly and decided hey this would be cool to go check...

yer 61?!?! important?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    i got a 61.... is that bad???? i just read this randomly and decided hey this would be cool to go check...

yer 61?!?! important?
    First thing u do,is reset the ecu,go for a long drive & then check if the code comes back again.

Have u been getting poor fuel economy lately?
    Ur car been a bit sluggish or off down low in the throttle range?

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    Ur car been a bit sluggish or off down low in the throttle range?
    in the low revs its bin shithouse. really bumpy and gargling...

to reset the ecu -> disconnect battery?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    in the low revs its bin shithouse. really bumpy and gargling...

to reset the ecu -> disconnect battery?
    To reset(i assume your talking about the EK civic in your av),

Pull the 7.5Amp fuse out in your engine bay main fusebox for 10 seconds then replace(make sure ignition key is turned off before u do this).
    If theres more than one 7.5Amp fuse,just pull all the 7.5's out.The one your after though should be marked clock/stereo/ecu(not the 15A ecu fuse) or something like that.

Then start your car & let it sit & idle for about 5-10mins,then go for a drive & see if the code comes back.
    Last edited by CRXer; 10-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    reset my ecu and went for a drive etc as you prescribed. car actually felt different to drive. the engine sounded better.

code didnt come back so have no idea what might have caused it in the first place. anyways worked a treat. cheers CRXer

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    reset my ecu and went for a drive etc as you prescribed. car actually felt different to drive. the engine sounded better.

code didnt come back so have no idea what might have caused it in the first place. anyways worked a treat. cheers CRXer
    O2 codes can be just intermittent & caused just by some odd driving/operating glitch,so dont worry about it,all fixed now

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    hrm i got a 3, 20 and 41. this is from a b16a in my eg. any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by mojo the flashy monkey; 18-08-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    engine light came on today on the way home,

did a ecu check and the map sensor came up... code 3
    took the fuse out to reset the ecu but error still shows up when i do the ecu check

before i go buy another map sensor is there a way to check if it is the map sensor that is faulty?

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    i had the same problem.. just replace your map sensor it will disappear.

you could try going to Good Performance. they'll give you 3months warranty if the engine light comes up again. I paid 50 for parts, diagnosis, testing, and install.