Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir JDM
    I think my engine check light has been cut (by the bastard mechanic >_< ) anyway, this wont work for me any other way if the engine check light is cut?
    depends, if you got an OBD0 ECU you have an LED on the ECU which blinks out the codes, or you will be needing to fix your MIL ( globe )

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I have a JDM SIR b16aII .. so whichever ecu that uses?
    Im not too sure anymore after I read some whack shit on the net bout SIR ecus

How hard would it be to fix my MIL (globe) Ecu man?
    I have a globe out around the 120 mark on my cluster.. not like i ever need to see that speed in the dark :P but it just annoys me that lil dark patch.
    Is it hard to replace the globes? are the globes expensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Car:
    twin GX160's
    not really, once you got the cluster out, you just pull the globes out from the back PCB. when you 1st turn on the IGN to the II position the MIL shoudl come on for 6 sec or so then go out. depending on your ecu ( take a photo of the connectors ) you need to ensure the MIL wire goes to the globe. it may not be wired or not have a globe in the cluster. post a photo and we go from there

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Alright cool thanx, ill get onto it and post come pics =]
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Guys I checked the ECU on the girlfriends EK4 a few mins ago but it was not the CEL that did the flashing.... it was the ABS!

Is this the same?

Also I got 61 16 and 18 I'm wondering what the 18 is for.

Ok so I got O2 sensor and Injector codes.... what would you recommend be the first things to do short of replacing the 02 sensor, and getting the injectors cleaned and checked?

Just unplug and check connectors are clean and reconnect?
    DLUG Racing

Car:
    twin GX160's
    PGMFI and ABS fault codes are different.
    how sure are you about code 16 ???
    anyway code 18=
    High Presure system
    so thinngs that could be at fault
    -Accumulator gas leakage
    -changed relife valve set pressure
    -rear outlet solenoid vale late to close
    -changed pressure switch set pressure

code 61 fail safe relay

posible cause
    -fail safe relay stuck on
    -short to power in the solenoid drive circuits between the fail safe relay and ABS control unit
    - faulty relay drive transistor ( in ABS ecu )
    -short to power in the relay drive circuit between the fail safe relay and ABS ecu ECU

you need to test the output of your O2 sensor, to do this properly you need some kind of waveform viewer. or other wise get an O2 LED tester from Jaycar Electronics. see how responsive the O2 sensor is.

what fault code did you get for the injectors.

Ok I'm getting confused now..... so if the ABS light is the one that does the flashing instead of the CEL, it is a seperate set of codes to the ones listed on page one? I may have been reading the codes inncorrectly if so.

Anyway, with the fail safe relay, what specifically does it do?

We have been experiencing some difficulty starting the car in the last month. What's has been happening is that we put the key in turn to ACC then to ON where I always wait for the fuel pump to prime itself (the hummmmm then click sound), then once it clicks I turn the key to START but there is nothing, no clicking, no tell tale signs of the starter being screwed (it is about 7 months old) and the battery is fully charged about 1 month old. I then have to take the key all the way back to OFF then try again.

It doesn't happen all the time however.

Thoughts.... we can start a new thread to save clogging this thread up with these specific probs.
    DLUG Racing

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes ABS codes are different to PGMFI codes. there seperate systems.

the fail safe relays remove ground from the ABS modulator solenoids when activated. the ecu does this to revert back to normal braking due to some king of ABS failure.

its not fun driving a car that vents high pressure brake fluid to the master cylinder

also sounds like your main PGMFI relay needs some TLC

so how do you bring it back to normal operating mode?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    you fix the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    the del sol doesn has two blue plugs with one having 2wries(brown/black) and the other having 3wires.

so where do i plug the papaer clip in/??

Car:
    twin GX160's
    two wire connector
    dont touch the 3 wire connector, you could damage the ECU by shorting that one