Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    If I ever get bored on a weekend I'll probably give this a crack. Installed an entry level Alpine set today. Fixing as much as I can myself before hitting up the wreckers, its an old car so I expect a few things missing/broken but some items are shitting me lol.

did this today and (^_^) managed to score the last manual gli cluster from the wreckers win

is it correct to say that a cxi will have the rpm wire ready to be plugged into the gli cluster? so plug and play. nothing else.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Importsneezer View Post
    is it correct to say that a cxi will have the rpm wire ready to be plugged into the gli cluster? so plug and play. nothing else.
    I have done this to my CXI. It is as easy as unplugging one and putting the other one in. The most complex bit of the whole process is opening up the cluster to replace the center dial so that you keep your Km's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    ok I know this thread is old as hell...but I'm thinking of getting a CTR cluster for my EK and I want to keep the odo because it reads 155xxx ks, and the CTR is 100xxx...don't want to get into trouble with Qld Trans if I sell it or anything. How does one go about swapping the odo into the CTR cluster if the speedo face is attached? I don't want a stock EK speedo face in my CTR cluster...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Thanks for this, Helped out today

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK 1
    Thank you for the DIY...I did it today, all in 15 minutes. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    You can also straight swap in crv clusters.

However to keep your own mileage you will need to swap the faceplates by taking off the needles which will require a recalibration of the speedo.
    Last edited by Darmanin; 03-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.