Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dc5r Vs Dc5s

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury

Dc5r Vs Dc5s

This probably is a stupid question but here goes.
    I think we can come to an understanding that the DC2R was the hardest going Teg ever made.

But between the late DC5R and the DC5S I thought type S was to be superior since it is the more pure bred DC5R from Japan and not the washed down ADM version.

Anyone who doesnt have a Teg assumes straight away just because of the R that it's better than S and this annoyed me at first but after reading forums hear many people seem to think very little of the Type S.

The type S having 154kw and Type R having 147kw, can someone straighten out which more is superior in terms of how hard the engine goes, cmon Teg owners who should know better than anyone else.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    i don't own a teg.. but i would think R is better than S... for no other reason but the S comes without LSD... correct me if i am wrong..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    mmm man.. SEARCHH ur gonna get ownd for making the 10 millionth thread abt this... type s or type r all depends on the owner.. if u like the S then go the S if u like the R go the R..

burn him softly for not using the search tool

btw S is way more smoother cos my mate has an R and even he said so.. so yeah.

cheeras

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    DC5R :
    - lighter chasis
    - Recaros
    - Comes with LSD

DC5S :
    - Better engine due to cams and IM
    - Facelifted kit is apparentally Aerodynamically better than the pre face lift.
    - Overall steering and suspension is better than AUDM DC5R.

the dc5s has 2Nm more torque [194Nm] at 7000RPM compared to the DC5R's 6000RPM.
    despite having more power and torque, the dc5r is lighter than the type s [1160kg compared to 1230kg].
    the dc5r is 5 speed while the dc5s is 6 speed.

the dc5s is suppose to be the more 'luxurious' and therefore features more luxury equipment such as a 6-stack cd player. It has beter suspension and 17" as stock with better tyres than the dc5r leading to apparent 'improved steering/handling'.
    Last edited by minix33; 18-01-2008 at 03:29 AM.
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FG Falcon XR6T
    With experience of owning both cars as my dad use to own a dc5r and i use to own a dc5s, i find the Type S a lot quicker on the straight but for some reason in the dc5r i feel more comfortable taking them corners as i can feel less body roll in them compare to the dc5s, but both good cars and in the end i will take the dc5s mainly for the comfort and also i love the new facelift

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.k20z1 View Post
    mmm man.. SEARCHH ur gonna get ownd for making the 10 millionth thread abt this... type s or type r all depends on the owner.. if u like the S then go the S if u like the R go the R..

burn him softly for not using the search tool

btw S is way more smoother cos my mate has an R and even he said so.. so yeah.

cheeras
    SU, perhaps noone should bother answering any of yours in the future aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    DC5R :
    - lighter chasis
    - Recaros
    - Comes with LSD

DC5S :
    - Better engine due to cams and IM
    - Facelifted kit is apparentally Aerodynamically better than the pre face lift.
    - Overall steering and suspension is better than AUDM DC5R.
    to the OP, i personally find the Type S more to my liking. its got the performance characteristics to it, whilst also retaining some luxury features to it. overall i think its a great package. but realistically its each to their own aye
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    the dc5r is 5 speed while the dc5s is 6 speed.
    AFAIK the DC5R is still a 6 speeder.

Only the base model and the Integra Luxury came with the 5 speed manual.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNode View Post
    AFAIK the DC5R is still a 6 speeder.

Only the base model and the Integra Luxury came with the 5 speed manual.
    Correct, both dc5r/s are 6spd manuals.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Forgot ot mention DC5S rev's higher as well off memory.

DC5R is only like 8100 rpm where as DC5S is 8400 i think.

But if you can get access to the Type S k20a Head 'cheap' then it'll be a good upgrade for you R.

The cams in the Type S are the same as the JDM DC5R k20A

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    The cams in the Type S are the same as the JDM DC5R k20A
    only the exhuast... or is it intake... either way... only one of them is.

There is no answer to this question... its like asking how long is a peice of string. Because both cars are so simular... yet so differant... some people perfer the R and some perfer the S.

At the end of the day, it comes down to you... and if you want to sit in a Recaro or some gheybo leather seat...

hehehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^ Im pretty sure its the exhaust on the Type S which is the same as the JDM DC5R.
    Stand to be corrected though...

Thing to remember is that both these cars were aimed at slightly different market audiences.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."