Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strange yellow liquid on battery terminals

Just discovered some strange looking liquid on my battery terminals this evening. It's not crusty or white, rather a wet looking yellow liquid. Never seen this before. Any ideas what this is?? Is it corrosion?? The liquid is even under the terminal where the positive cap is. I'm abit concerned if it's safe or not. Hope it's not leaking acid or something. Anybody seen this before??

its an anti corrosion coating

Member Array
    Car:
    Shopping Trolley
    Have any birds under ur bonnet lately...
    Nah, on a more serious note, that looks scary....did u recently replace the batt?
    Maybe its diff power rating to the standard one...or ur drawing too much power from it...

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    I though it would be anti corrosion stuff too...but look at the spatter near the base of the terminals...and the foam like effect..almost looks like it had pressure in the battery and it discharged some stuff...hard to say

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    yeah id like to know what it is too got the same thing on my battery. whats causing it and is it safe?

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    yts battery acid... your battery is obviously leaking...

get that shit cleaned up ASAP as it removes EVERYTHING... (ie: your paint, eats plastics)

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    do you know what would cause this?

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    no but I have seen car batteries blow up (literally explode) whilst being charged by an external charger....dunno what the cause is though...

loose terminals can cause this.. happens to my car and wat i did was just clean it up and spray the anti corrosion thing

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    wash with hot water or coke and see if it starts building up again....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

its anti corrosion stuff dude.. ask ya mechanic.. they spray this stuff on every service.. it splatters coz they are very hasty in spraying it..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    you sure? i dont think this looks like something you would spray...looks pretty darn lethal to me...
    you may be right, but if they r spraying that sh!t like that, i would go back and tell them they did a sh!t job!!!IMO