Thread: Tyre size

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 CW Civic Type R

Tyre size

Hi All,

I've picked up some 17' Integra Type-S rims for my Euro and was wondering what rubber I should be putting on. I've noticed that the 06 and 07 Euro 17s came with 225/45 tyres, however the Integra Type-S was fitted with 215/45s and all the tyre shops are telling me that I should be fitting 215/45s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    well it wont make that much difference really. if i were u i might fit it with 225/45 since the euro came with those tires.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    those tyres should be fine, it would be more of an issue if it were bigger due to scrubbing.
    for example, i had 225/40/18s on my accord, and had to change them to 215/35/18 to compensate when i lower my car
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    If they are the same width (7") and offset (?) as the Euro 17s I'd put 225s on as per the stock 17s.

225 is about as wide as you should go on 7" rims tho, so thats why the shop is getting nervous.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    There's not much in it either way if you work out the relative rolling diameters. The Euro R is fitted with 215s standard as opposed to the other Accord Euro models being fitted with 225s for some reason.

Some cars that ran 205 55 R16 also ran 215 45 R17 -- e.g., Mazda6, Alfa 156, Honda Integra, Subaru Liberty...

A 225 will have a slightly higher sidewall, which in theory (depending on sidewall stiffness) could give a slightly more comfortable ride.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    If the offset of the rim the same as a Lux 17" rim? If so (or very close) hen I'd go 225.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    I am confused why the euro r wheels are 215 and regular Euro is 225, cause I was thinking of putting it to 235.
    My euro is with that euro R wheels with 215.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It'll affect your speedo and odometer.

BTW, Type S rims might be +45 offset.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 CW Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by one4spl View Post
    If they are the same width (7") and offset (?) as the Euro 17s I'd put 225s on as per the stock 17s.

225 is about as wide as you should go on 7" rims tho, so thats why the shop is getting nervous.
    I know for sure that they are the same width. Not sure about the offset though.

Think i'll go with 225s. Thanks for all your help guys.