Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L

Running Power Cable accord 98-02

Hi fellow Honda owners
    Just a quick one, trying to figure out the best way to run power cable straight from battery to under front passenger seat and to the boot for carputer (under seat) and to amp (boot). where is the best place to run power through firewall? could some one take pics and post them if they have already done this. just need a rough idea where the best place to run them is.

EDIT: oh just searched a bit I think I'm going to have to persevere with a grommet in the firewall, Grrr such a biatch to get to from the inside.. nearly impossible damn it!\

Note: the plug in the firewall closest to the battery seems to be blocked and nearly impossible to get wire through. The Firewall plug on the driver side seems to be the best one to get wires through, it is pretty much un-obstructed all the way behind the dash. and is easy to feed wires through using coat hanger etc to.
    Last edited by Dray_Templar; 07-02-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: adding notes for people trying same thing in future
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

hi,

find a big rubber grommet that alrady has wires going through it. make a cut as necessary and run the wire throught it. think there is one on each side. Usually its better to run the power wire on the same side of the battery to keep it nice and short.

In my cd 5, i'm running a 0ga by cutting the grommet behind the fuse box and fed the wire through it. Use wd-40 as a lubricant.

i know what you mean by the grommets leading to a dead end.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Thanks rahul pretty much what I ended up doing, although I just used the one on the opposite site to the battery (driver side), worked out well as all my speaker wire will run down passenger site, as carputer is under front passenger seat.

was going to go behind the fuse box.. but to much like hard work taking the fuse box out hehe.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi