Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

why does my car "stay wet"

hey guys, i noticed every morning it rains. my car stays wet, by that i mean every car on the street by morning is dry, but my car is wet, covered in beads of water, and its not the position my car is in either, it doesnt matter whether its driveway, or front of the house or anywhere, it stays wet.
    my brothers car, a little bit lighter than mine, not a drop of water. its perfectly dry, is this because of the way i clean it?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    this may be the protection on your paint surface, i'm not sure whether you wax your car regularly or not, but in most cases when the paint has protection in terms of a wax or sealant them it tends to beed the water.

what you may be seeing is that the cars around the street have little or no protection so when it rains the water sheets off the paint thus drying much faster as there won't be much water to dry off as most of the water runs off the paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    i get that too after i wax my car, thewater just sits in little beads. just grab a shammy, a mircofibre cloth and some speed detailer then cleanup the left over wetness lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeh i do wax and sealant my car fairly often. thats strange, youd think wax would make the water not stay on, not the other way around

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Condensate forms on a surface that is not smooth. Is your paint rough or smooth like glass?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    its pretty smooth, there are some imperfections i guess due to a few dints cause this car has been driven alot. do you think its dodgy paint job?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What colour is your car and what colour is your brother's car? Condensate forms when warm air hits a cold surface.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    mine is cypress green, his is more of a dark cyan.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    i agree that it is beaded water staying on from the wax,happens to mine too.i have a red civic that gets waxed every couple of months and the water stays on beaded for a couple of hours after rain,my coworker also has a civic,not cared for that much, and his dries off much quicker,but can leave waterspots.the wax catches the water,but protects the paint
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    IMO, it depends on wat wax he uses

1. if its a kanubra(not sure about the spelling) then water that has landed on a surface with this wax will beed, not easily coming off

btw i think kanubra is an organic based wax

2. if its a synthetic, man made wax, then the water tends to sheet wen it lands on a car with synthetic wax on it

i could be rong, but this is wat i remember from a little detailing forum i went to a wile ago
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i did layers of wax and sealant. so god knows what it'll do, i do know that if i drive, the water like falls off very quick. its carunba (sp? wierd wax)
    Last edited by steve88; 13-02-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ive seen cars waxed with kanubra, and the water just sits ther, in beeds

my car is waxed with a synthetic, water spills right off, it just cant sit, even on the flat parts it always manages to fall off, dries so damn quick
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"