Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do I connect iPod to Jazz?

Anyone know how I would go about connecting an iPod to my Jazz? I don't want to use the radio transmission thing because the sound quality is crap. I want to directly connect my iPod to my car. I heard you need a cable to connect your iPod to your AUX or something, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Can anyone give me instruction on connecting my iPod?

P.S. I know nothing about the technical side of cars and gadgets, so please keep the technical language simple.

here -

http://www.ausjazz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56

quite abit of effort....i have done it to a few jazz's in syd if u want some help just pm

Shit... that looks complicated. I'll get my friend to help me out and see what we can do. Thanks Bennjamin.

BTW, if I connect the iPod this way how's the quality of the sound? Same quality as connecting iPod to computer?
    Also, does my iPod's battery charge as I'm using it if I connect it to the car like that? And would that be bad for the iPod and/or car battery if I continuously charged like that? Coz I used to charge my car fridge 24/7 and it kept either blowing the fuse or the connection wire.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by MDJase View Post
    Shit... that looks complicated. I'll get my friend to help me out and see what we can do. Thanks Bennjamin.

BTW, if I connect the iPod this way how's the quality of the sound? Same quality as connecting iPod to computer?
    Also, does my iPod's battery charge as I'm using it if I connect it to the car like that? And would that be bad for the iPod and/or car battery if I continuously charged like that? Coz I used to charge my car fridge 24/7 and it kept either blowing the fuse or the connection wire.

Not as good as aftermarket headunit

But if I buy a new head unit I won't be able to find one that fits the shape of my current one. Coz the current head unit is shaped like a rectangle with the right side been half a circle. And that's gna look ugly if I try to replace it with a new one that doesn't even fit the shape.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    That AUX connector looks the same as the euro's, and the below website suggests its compatible with the Dension Icelink:
    http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/C...-link-plus.seo

You can but just the icelink (about $150) and install it yourself if ur game, otherwise it'll cost $409 to get it installed.
    .© ♪

as with what bennjamin refers to the website its very good with fairly detailed instructions. honestly speaking if done the AUX adaptor on my 07 jazz and for some reason cd's sound crap. the other day i put on one of my cd's in the car and it sounded dull without depth.

switching back to the ipod using the AUX adaptor, yes the bass is much better, however if your after a loud system that will take the neighbours then go for the aftermarket headunit as kongfu suggests. if your only looking to hook up your own music with relatively decent quality then try the AUX adaptor first if you don't need to charge your ipod.

I'll cost you max $50 to do a simply DIY job. tip to getting good setup is grounding the cable properly. other than that your set! pm if need help. melb area

I'm fine with my current CD player's sound quality. If I connect the iPod will the sound quality be the same as my CD player's? And also, hoey888, are you saying that by using bennjamin's method my CD player's sound quality will be reduced?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    another link for you to check out:
    http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm
    this one seems abit simpler that bennjamin's.. though they're doing the same thing lol
    - [ * AℓвєятяoN ] illegal street racing is bad hao map ! says:
    haha. i'll marry you.
    ||nam|| says:
    ok thats just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MDJase View Post
    And also, hoey888, are you saying that by using bennjamin's method my CD player's sound quality will be reduced?

NO

I have done this method and the CD quailty is exactly the same before and after. It plays CD's and MP3 aux input very well.

Before , he referred to the quality of the actual CD player in the jazz.

kyobibi, the link provided uses relatively good and simple connection points to the head unit (hondafitjazz.com) Personally i now use these ones as they are much easier to attatch to headunit and they stay there.

The ausjazz.org connectors are very hard to attatch to the headunit. Tried them and they were so hard i used the other connectors as seen on the hondajazzfit.com

I also had a problem with mine simiular to the one in the hondajazzfit.com. This was in regards to the left and right signals. Found out the problem to be a grounding and signal noise issue. Basically grounded it and problems were gone. For my setup used a 3.5mm gold adaptor. Quad core shielded cable ~3m and motherboard pins to attatch to the headunit.

In regards to the quality, was with using the AUX adaptor and ipod, they are very simiular. You can get more bass with the AUX adaptor if you like your music that way but i have to turn it down a bit from the headunit as it wrecks the sound quality. other than that its a good DIY mod.