Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Install Pic:

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    so you drill those bolt holes?
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yup.Easy as!

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    just a quick reminder and advice, becareful of where u drill, sometimes there while hiding behind those holes
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ah,true true

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    bump are there any other users with a bar like this. how do you rate it?

Ive got one for sale if you want, looks like its the same deal judging from the picture

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    yeah the bar is exactly the same as the one pictured above and bolts directly into eg hatches lower seat belt mounts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie

my floor bar experience

thanks for the bar Marko. i have to say i am very happy with the feeling of the car after installing this bar. it is exactly the same as the one in beeza's expcept i sprayed mine with a charcoal hammer finish epoxy enamel for hard wearing paint than normal pressure pack stuff. it bolted straight into the bolts that hold the lower part of the seat belt mount. pics. sorry low light when taken.

driving impressions:

first off my car is a 92 eg on pedders red springs kyb agx shocks 1 step down from hardest setting, 22mm RSB, stock 21mm FSB, front castor kit and upper wishbone swap (almost 5 degrees castor) rear camber kit and no other braces. car immediately felt different. from leaving the driveway. felt harder. i could feel each corner of the car follow the bumps in my driveway more harder. weird to explain but it felt strange.

after taking it for a burl around the hood it was apparent that it almost felt flatter in the fact that the front was more responsive with less dive and more dart. this was only a quick drive.

the next day after a good bit of daily driving and some spirted ones i feel i can definately feel the increased chassis stiffness. the car feels more agile. it feels as tho it takes less time to shift weight side to side. so with this chicane like corners are quicker but mid corner speeds are uneffected. tho mid corner speed hasn't increased it feels more sure footed and mid corner adjustments are more solid and direct.

with my increases castor is feels more go kart like than ever with harder pull to centre and higher response.

it feels too that oversteer and understeer properties have both been increased making it easier to induce both with on/off throttle and braking, much like i've increased the roll resistance front and rear. i got my car the furtherest i've had it sideways but yet it was smooth and controlled unlike past cars that were snappy. traction was gradually lost and gained tho this may be my skill with front and rear weight shift getting better tho as i've got a new corner to practice on the way home from work most days. but it did feel more predictable than purely increasing roll resistance front and rear.

as i mentioned earlier i have no other braces at present but the increase in chassis stiffness i felt with this bar felt different to adding a strut braces as it had an effect on the whole car just not that area. whereas adding a front brace for example increased understeer but made the front more reactive to inputs and reat strut vice versa this had an affect similar to both at the same time but to a lesser degree. so with this in mind adding this bar to an already braced car might yield a lesser effect or may yield more as there would be more stress on the middle section to be braced.

i'll be adding my front and rear braces in a week once they arrive by then i'll get a good feel of the setup now then compare it after those bars. maybe down the track i might take out the floor bar compare it with out.

i rate it as a good buy! definately worth it you don't mind whinges from rear passengers over lost leg room.

good to hear rowan

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Awesome review!

You really described the effects of the bar really well!

Like we said,it will be different for different cars with different combination braces but there is no reason why this bar shouldn't be in the list of choices of braces to have on your ride because the brace has very good benefits.

Well done!

btw It Looks HAWT!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    You really described the effects of the bar really well!
    in tune with my car man.

i really like the hammer finish paint. its the same sorta finish as toolboxes etc with that dimpled look. wanted a hard wearing finish cos it'll always be getting stepped on etc.