Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota Supra

List your New civic problems here

hi i am reseraching for a friend about his car with a blown engine. his name is BXX SXX and he is still stressed about what has happened.

now i have known him for a long time and i know very well the way he drives. i have read some posts and have found there seems to be alot of problems on these new civics. i though i might help him do some research into history of they civic's past.

please no honda flaming and hating. anyhelp will be much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Vti-T 6psi
    first up, your best telling us how he drives civilised/manic, what the problem is with his car, what car he has, and nobody is going to flame honda on a honda site....
    WTB: ED6 ftw/EFI D-series front cut
    For sale - Short-Ram Intake
    Buy My Car

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    they claim civilised but the thing i dont get is who puts an intake system in there car then drives civilised but still that problem of the blown engine shouldnt of happen.

probs with FD

Drivers window fell off the rails.
    Rattling noises everywhere.
    Windscreen wipers screw up after about 2 weeks.

For me:

• The little grille that you need to remove to change foglamp bulb. It is very hard to pull out and very hard to put back. It will sometimes move and bend the clips a little. Eventually it will break.

• Low beam bulb is so hard to get to. You need to go from the fender and remove 2 studs (as stated in manual). It is impossible as about 7 studs needs to be removed and fender needs to be flexed. I think this is a design fault. Low beams sound be accessible from the engine bay.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Driver and passenger window runners dry up, this is extremely common, spray them with silicon lube and all is good.

And the trim pieces near the front A pillar trim dont seem to sit well. And the only other problem ive seen is a drive belt tensioner let go.

Thats about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by ms700 View Post
    Driver and passenger window runners dry up, this is extremely common, spray them with silicon lube and all is good.
    Yep a can of silicon spray is kept in my boot for this.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    they claim civilised but the thing i dont get is who puts an intake system in there car then drives civilised but still that problem of the blown engine shouldnt of happen.

probs with FD

Drivers window fell off the rails.
    Rattling noises everywhere.
    Windscreen wipers screw up after about 2 weeks.

i know a few people who claim they have rattling noises from their fds but all turned out to be objects that they have in their car which is causing the noises. the guy who claimed he had a rattling noise turned out to be the 'the six star solution tin case' given when you buy the car kept in the glove box.
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    I bought an eg4 recently...that 93 model works damn fine btw..."touch wood"

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by j-2007 View Post
    hi i am reseraching for a friend about his car with a blown engine. his name is BXX SXX and he is still stressed about what has happened.
    Nice name BXX SXX~
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota Supra
    Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!
    hmm how did this happen?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    ozR18, so, your dealer didn't fix it? or is it due to your own fault?