fd1 engine swap??

Hello everyone, this might be a stupid question for some.. but I was wondering how much work would I have to do.. to change my fd1 to have a k20a engine? would their be that much work? the k20a is a 2 litre engine.. and the civic sports is a 2 litre.. so can you do a swap without to much changes? even better direct swap.. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick108 View Post
    Hello everyone, this might be a stupid question for some.. but I was wondering how much work would I have to do.. to change my fd1 to have a k20a engine? would their be that much work? the k20a is a 2 litre engine.. and the civic sports is a 2 litre.. so can you do a swap without to much changes? even better direct swap.. =)
    fd1 is 1.8L (r18), so means not direct swap.
    i think u'll get complicated work to do.
    better buy fd2 (even not get k20a) right away if want 2.0L engine
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Sell your VTi and just get a Sport. It's a much easier exercise.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    ditto. The cost and effort (not to mention screwing with your new car warranty and resale values) just isn't worth it- AFAIK (from reading forums), the VTi/VTi-L have no advantage over the Sport to make it worthwhile putting the K20Z engine into it.

K20A, I don't think I've seen that done yet but again there are probably better things you can do with your time/money. If you really want to add power to the car and are willing to risk your warranty/resales/etc.. then maybe be one of the first in Aus to install the forced induction kits from Taiwan or something.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Sport is actually slower then the VTi and Vti-L due to its heavier weight.
    Living in the US

Quote Originally Posted by danny_mart View Post
    Sport is actually slower then the VTi and Vti-L due to its heavier weight.
    not entirely true... ^_^

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I thought the Sport felt about the same in terms of acceleration, but it sounded more willing and the throttle felt a bit more sensitive. Can't remember much though as it was a while back.

The other thing though is I remember reading the manual VTi/VTi-L is faster than an automatic Sport.
    Last edited by JaCe; 29-02-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Not worth ur time or money.
    Sorry for the sports owners, but its not that much faster. =P

not worried about the time and money.. just wondering how much work would be needed?... lets say.. civic sports with a k20a engine?.. is it direct change?.. like.. pull the engine out..and put the k20a in?.. =S

hahaha. mate what do u do for a profession to not worry abt time and money? coz i want your job =P kidding

But in reference to the sports K20a engine swap, I honestly have no idea about a direct change. I dont think it should be too messy considering they share the same body shell. But dont quote me for it, i could be totally off.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    spoon sports chucked a k20a into their normal civic... even before the fd2r was released in japan

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...dan/index.html