Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    this is gonna sound real noob, but oh well- if i'm gonna get the 2 din kit is there any point in getting the kit for the audio controls for steering wheel as i'd be changing the headunit
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Havocwreaker View Post
    Would someone be able to inform me as to where i can get the audio control buttons for installation?
    From Honda dealer, ask for sport model= about $200
    try pm destruckn.
    I got from US honda, much cheaper, but they only shipped to US address.
    so u must have someone over there to post to here.
    i got in total (incl.posted to here) about AU$70

Quote Originally Posted by sam. View Post
    this is gonna sound real noob, but oh well- if i'm gonna get the 2 din kit is there any point in getting the kit for the audio controls for steering wheel as i'd be changing the headunit
    if ur car (VTI-L/sport), and ur headunit is branded name (not like china products such as soni,necvox,hongli,or other funny name). but brand name such kenwood, sony,pioneer,etc means u need audio button interface to make stock audio button compactible with ur head unit.
    get PAC SWI-X
    http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...el%20Interface

if ur car VTI, means no audio control button yet, i suggest u get an optional audio control button from ur brand head unit.ie. pioneer have an optional steering wheel button for their head unit.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 FD2

2 DIN Install

was wondering if anyone knows whether if i install the 2 DIN dash in my civic sport and then upgrade my headunit will i loose the ability of being able to use the stock indach cd stacker or would a harness kit solve this?

Maybe this is a question for DMX.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by tonz View Post
    was wondering if anyone knows whether if i install the 2 DIN dash in my civic sport and then upgrade my headunit will i loose the ability of being able to use the stock indach cd stacker or would a harness kit solve this?

Maybe this is a question for DMX.

thanks
    if you upgrade ur head unit (new ones), which means u not using ur stock head unit (indash cd), right ?means, of course, you won't be able use ur cd stacker then
    unless, u want use 2 head unit (1 new and 1 stock),and i doubt it,
    because the stock head unit is integrated with stock dash. if you just remove and use the stock head unit, but the buttons are at the stock dash.

my advised : buy new head unit with in dash cd stackers or with cd changer.
    much more easier, not much different in price, i reckon

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTI-L 07
    Hi Where can i buy this double din kit from ? could you please kindly advice? thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    anyone know where i could get an audio harness (so i dont have to cut wires) in australia? cant find a dist. Surely someone has come across one :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD 1 2006 VTIL
    do i need to buy the facia as well as a mounting bracket to to install my after market headunit?

or could i just buy the facia and bring factory mounting bracket accross to hold my after market HU

Which to buy?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civ...#ht_3555wt_992

or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civ...#ht_3174wt_992

cheers
    Simon

honestly, at that price difference, i would take a peek behind your dash and see if the brackets on your current system is removable. if so, you dont need to buy the brackets, if not, then you really dont have any option but to fork out the money for the brackets.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Sorry to revive an old thread, Im running the stock head unit, will the harness and extra wires behind the stock unit be required to run the steering wheel audio controls? Or can i just remove my stock cruise control and put in the new audio+cruise control like plug n play?

Hi guys,

I want to get this audio and cruise control buttons for my VTI manual. As you can see in the pic, there are 2 extra green plugs, they are for the auto paddle shift. I have asked the seller, they reckon the buttons will still work and just ignore the green plugs. Do you guys think it will work ?

i dont see why not because the green plugs do not *imo* "interfere" with audio/cruise controls.