Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1

Audio specs on FD

Hi, Im really noob. I was just wondering, wat kinda speakers i could get to upgrade for my VTI without changing the stock headunit. Like is it 4' or 6' or both and how many way speakers (2,3,4)? Also how many speakers are there in the car that can be changed and their sizes please? AND wats the maximum watts it can take?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    IIRC in the AUDM has only 4 speakers (2 in the front; one on each door) and 2 in the rear behind the back seat on the shelf. All are 6". Not too sure on the specs.

I was originally going to put in some high quality low power speakers but after talking to a few people realised that it probably wouldn't offer much improvement, ended up going with the amp/sub, and then later on adding splits.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Civic VTi-L
    Ive got a set of amplified Alpine Type R's in the rear and the standard ones in the front, makes a better sound than the 10 inch sub and the same speakers in my old car, I was once asked what sub i had in my boot

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    man am i the only one who thinks this car comes with awesome stock speakers?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IS350 F Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post

I do!

Well, they're not awesome but they're pretty good as stock speakers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Yes i agree, pretty good for stock.

I am considering getting type R speakers for the fron and back.
    Im also wondering if the head unit will be able to provide enought power to power these 4 speakers or i might have to get an amp

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispaa View Post

I do!

Well, they're not awesome but they're pretty good as stock speakers!
    good man

I'm happy with my stock speakers too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Civic VTi-L
    Whilst I agree the front ones are more than adequate, the rear speakers only have drivers the size of a 50c piece, if you want any sort of decent punch youll need something more substantial.

The type r's only just fit in the holes if you use the surrounds from the old rear speakers to mount them in, and because of the way they are mounted the boot the bass response is awesome

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post

I liked them alot and thought they were comparable to much more expensive car's stock speakers. Even with the sub, I kept stock speakers and it still sounded alright. Of course once you amplify a set of splits you really feel the difference.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Quote Originally Posted by trsc27 View Post
    Whilst I agree the front ones are more than adequate, the rear speakers only have drivers the size of a 50c piece, if you want any sort of decent punch youll need something more substantial.

The type r's only just fit in the holes if you use the surrounds from the old rear speakers to mount them in, and because of the way they are mounted the boot the bass response is awesome
    The fronts are identical to the rears. So yes, the drivers are also 50c pieces lol.
    Though I must agree they sound reasonable considering their meagre proportions

Hi guys, I do think we have got 4 speakers in the FD, but what are those two "speaker" looking thingy hidden on each far side of the dash? (it's there in my VTI-L)
    FD1@Cammeray