Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006

Air Con re-gas - not working

All,

Has anyone regased air-con recently. Mine is running so low on gas....it is picking what is left and if it can pick it does blow some cold air otherwise no cold air at all..it was working just fine before....I took it today to someone who is charging only $79 for regasing and that looks dodgy to me to start with...he came back to me saying that Thermal Expansion Valve needs to be re-checked and I am looking to pay $480 for that..

Has anyone had similar issues or any issues with Thermal Expansion Valve?
    I have booked another appointment with a legitimate service this time to see what they have to say.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    TX valve failure is not very popular but it does happen with denso AC system

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    If this is the case, what am I looking to have it fixed and where to do it?

Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    No, it is CD5.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    if your air con is loosing gas you need to find out where the leak is and fix it! a/c systems dont just need re-gassing. Get a dye put through the system and find the leak. or at least get the pressures checked, that can tell you if there is a blockage somewhere such as TX valve.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    It might be pressure I am loosing somewhere....It is cooling it but 5% as it should be cooling it... Hoping they can check pressure within the system b4 they attempt any re-gassing. This guy today told me he re-gassed it but it doesn't cool it. Compressor has no issues...everything else seems to be ok...any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    sounds like a tx valve issue and the price he has quoted you is a good price. Get it double check by someone else.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vtek View Post
    sounds like a tx valve issue and the price he has quoted you is a good price. Get it double check by someone else.
    Thanks for your imput...It is kind a lot of money if you ask me...You can get a new engine for a bit more money...for a car that is in such a great condition but that is 15 years old, it is too much

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Cars are expensive to fix...
    A/C systems definately arent cheap.
    If you could find out what a TX-Valve is worth for your car and possibly find a cheap enough one then you could save some money.

If you think about it though.. it could be a 2 or 3 hour job for the mechanic at a rate of something like $80... that could be $240 for the labour, the TX Valve new, who knows what it may cost...

The problem could quiet possibly be a TX valve.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tuppelo View Post
    Thanks for your imput...It is kind a lot of money if you ask me...You can get a new engine for a bit more money...for a car that is in such a great condition but that is 15 years old, it is too much
    Check for leaks first before going for the TX valve. There is a reason why you went low on gas in the first place. There must have been a leak somewhere.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2