Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    airbaged civic on 18's

turboing my d16y4 civic

will this work?
    ive got a turbo manifold that will fit my d16y4, my turbo parts are a r34 stock turbo a stock r34 cooler, and some exhaust pieces. now will this bolt up? and will it blow the stock engine if i run relativly stock boost. hopefully 4 to 5 pounds boost before i upgrade internally?

any help from pros will be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i think minimum boost from that turbo would be 7psi.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    most of the stock ones are 6 or 7PSI. Its pretty hard to get a actuator lower than 6PSI. If you run 6PSI it will be fine on your stock motor.

Bolt up will depend on your manifold. It its a t25 manifold it should fit no worries. All the rest most prob will need to be customised to make it fit
    Last edited by Limbo; 13-03-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    airbaged civic on 18's
    the turbo and manifold will fit no worries,
    but the issues i have are wether the internals will be strong enough
    and how the oil and water lines are run from the engine to the turbo.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    internals will survive up to 10PSI without issue so long as it is tuned properly.
    Oil lines and water lines are easy to find on a D an b series motor, no worries, anyone who has turboed one can easily tell you where to find them

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    airbaged civic on 18's
    ok cool,
    do you know what ecu should i use, how much and tuning costs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Hondata or PFC, tuning depends on how much work is needed.
    I rem from [ricer] that the y4 is a pain to get running properly. I think you need the y8 throttle body. You should PM him I believe he is selling that and you will need it to turbo your y4.

ALso his y4 made pretty good power at 6PSI.

PM Toda, i know [ricer] had previous problems with other tuners before toda fixed it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    airbaged civic on 18's
    to create more space for the turbo, is it wise to take out all the aircon unit and condenser? cause i dont use it anyway?
    airbags are fun!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    its a choice. SOme people don't need/want the a/c & P/S

I myself can't live with them so i have them still in the car

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    i had a turbo y4 and now im back to a standard y4... i miss the boost so much.. its such a difference on the y4 and i know u'll love it!
    i had my whole turbo kit custom made by Performance Exhaust in Northmead so everything fit nice and air cond and power steering remained and all water lines and oil lines were done there. im sure they will be able to make you oil lines, dump pipe, cooler piping and what not to suit your car.

ecu wise, probably best to run a piggy back ecu rather then a full standalone. the y4 is the black sheep of the honda family so there isnt a hondata or pfc which would just be plug and play... if you want to see just some of what is involved in the conversion click on my signature for the parts needed...

contact who ever you want to tune your car and ask them what they think... you want someone who is confident with the unit and the car.
    toda tuned mine with hondata and i've heard of other y4s running piggybacks from other tuners too

if u need more info PM me

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by nfektd View Post
    to create more space for the turbo, is it wise to take out all the aircon unit and condenser? cause i dont use it anyway?
    You already have a manifold. See if it all fits together. You may 'need' to remove that gear. If you don't use it, no problems.
    Deano.

for ecu, we can make u a loom that converts the ek1 2 plug to an obd1 3 plug.

alternatively, run an emanage with someone who knows how to install it and its alot cheaper and will run correctly.