Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is stock dc2 type R kw atw?

not sure if this has been posted before but i can't find it. but yeah the title says it. just wondering what power output at the wheels would a bone stock dc2r achieve. any help would be greatful.
    cheers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    ~110.
    凸-_-凸

around 110? thanks mate. thats all i needed to know cheers

depending on the car anywhere between 95~105kwatw from what i've seen on stock dc2r. 110kwatw on a stock dc2r is a pretty high reading... my dc2r used to only read 116kwatw on dyno dynamics with i/h/e, ecu and tune.

depends on the dyno and tuner.
    You have to compare to other cars on the day....for example my car with a dad standard b18c7 (standard engine intake ecu header) pulled 116kw where other standard b18c7s pulled around 95kw or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    depends on the dyno and tuner.
    You have to compare to other cars on the day....for example my car with a dad standard b18c7 (standard engine intake ecu header) pulled 116kw where other standard b18c7s pulled around 95kw or so.
    what was going on there?

other car's engine was fubar?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    well maybe his engine was put together better then the others....you will get that from time to time....1 hero engine out of hundreds...even though they are meant be to the same ...give or take a few kw here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    well maybe his engine was put together better then the others....you will get that from time to time....1 hero engine out of hundreds...even though they are meant be to the same ...give or take a few kw here and there.
    who knows. its been debated on here before - a few variables....such as maintenance over the years make a big difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    since its kw atw, wouldnt variables such as wheel size/weight, rotor size, brakes etc.
    the other b18c7's might of been dc2r's or with heavier 282mm discs, where bens car still has stock eg vti brakes and lighter/smaller wheels?

weight of vehicle or static parts (such as brakes) arent relevant to kw atw measurement. But wheel weight and size might very well be....ie a smaller wheel than used for standard could yield a higher number than standard sized wheels.

btw my car has eg6 front brakes and em1 rims , with 195x50x15 tyres which are approx. 3.3% different in circumference (compared to standard ITR wheels with 195x55x15) this may be indicated by the slightly higher power output "atw". Who knows for sure.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    95-110kw.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    mine was about 108kw atw
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip