Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

adhesive products

A little section of the rear bodykit has popped up from the car body. Rather than removing the whole kit and repplying 3m tape, are there any adhesive products that i can apply into the gap to make it stick? The gap is about 1-2mm wide so not much can get in other than something in liquid form. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    try "spry adhesive" from hardware shop. price range from $10 - $30

Will this stuff damage the car paint? If i decide to remove in the future, its not gonna rip the paint off right?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Most adhesives will damage car paint when you try to remove them,
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

well, 3m tape doesnt if removed correctly. Whereas if i use glue or silicon, removing it might rip the paint off? So unsure what to use to stick it down. I would use 3m tape but the gap is too small to slot it in
    I asked a installer and he said to use a silicon based adhesive which i can buy from any autoshop. I didnt ask what brand and also cant go to autobarn til weekend.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I thought you meant adhesive as in liquid adhesive to fit in the gap. If you don't mind tape, just use tape. I'd take the rear lip off and tape the whole thing up again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    silicone will usually not remove paint, stikflex will though
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Aaronng: Yes i meant a liquid based adhesive. Thats what i was told to use. I cannot use 3m tape as the gap is very very minimal. It would be a pain to remove and reapply tape so i thought there was a quicker alternative.

Limbo: What silicon do you recommend to do this job?

thanks guys. I shall go back to my original installer and see what they can do. Maybe this time put 10kg of 3m tape

best stuff to use is a thing called sikaflex ... most body shops use it to glue kits on. really good stuff. I glued my side skirts on with this stuff and it won't come off again. double sided tape will just come off eventually.

As Limbo advised, wouldnt sikaflex rip paint off if i decide to remove kit later? Or is it as easy as removing 3m tape?

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    A vote for sikaflex here. You'll just have to heat up the glue when it comes time to remove the kit.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Isn't Sikaflex the stuff used to hold your windscreen down on the car?