Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car

passing practice...(running in New B16B engine Morgan park 1/6/08)

hey guys i put some footage on you tube of first round of the 2008 series B sprints at morgan park. I hadn't had much practice at passing other cars for a little while before this hehe. I was having brake problems all weekend as well which didn't help. I had just been playing around with them before this run, and they seemed to be working well untill i came up to these cars lol. The brake peddle went straight to the floor and just as i started to try and pass these two cars. I ended up having to pump the peddle up and it just slowed down enough, the footage doesn't do it justice though

Heres the link, i figured some of you guys may get a laugh out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/EUgqC5puu8s

i ended up getting DBA slotted rotors and green pads on the front after this, can't wait to get up there again and try them out, fingers crossed.
    Last edited by intacivic16v; 02-06-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Oh snap, didn't see Monty's fixed link below. Nice one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by intacivic16v View Post

Great looking track too BTW. Never been there.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 28-03-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Awesome man!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Nice work! It sounds like your down shifts are costing you a bit of time there and be careful ! You may break traction if your revs need to catchup with your car when you let that clutch out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    yeah with the breaks playing up so much i was using the down change to slow the car down a little, to try and make it easier in the breaks. cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by aznpsuazn View Post
    Nice work! It sounds like your down shifts are costing you a bit of time there and be careful ! You may break traction if your revs need to catchup with your car when you let that clutch out.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 DC4 Integra.
    Nice vid. Looks like you started pushing pretty hard at the end there!

Oh yeah best way getting passing practice, karting. Not that hire stuff, racing against some good racers you learn a lot quickly!

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Where is morgan park? Looks like fun
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    Where is morgan park? Looks like fun
    http://www.morganparkraceway.com.au/

It reminds me of Thruxton alot.

Member Array
    Car:
    Just a little advice for you after watching again. You seem to drive around the other guys even when you're behind them. Keep on your line and you'll be closer to them at the passing spots. There seems to be a couple of points where you went for a move but were too far behind or in the wrong place. Remember the fastest line even when in traffic. It'll set you up better for a passing move if you are in the right place. Then move to the inside line, but only when you are close enough. Darting around the track and dancing in their mirrors isn't the fastest way to get past them. The slower car will stay on the racing line unless they're a complete muppet so you can move to the passing line in confidence knowing that they'll be clear. The drivers in front were always aware of your presence and I assume the class does not condone aggressive blocking maneuvers.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 05-04-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Can you get a weekend race pass. Looks like alot of fun.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Just a little advice for you after watching again. You seem to drive around the other guys even when you're behind them. Keep on your line and you'll be closer to them at the passing spots. There seems to be a couple of points where you went for a move but were too far behind or in the wrong place. Remember the fastest line even when in traffic. It'll set you up better for a passing move if you are in the right place. Then move to the inside line, but only when you are close enough. Darting around the track and dancing in their mirrors isn't the fastest way to get past them. The slower car will stay on the racing line unless they're a complete muppet so you can move to the passing line in confidence knowing that they'll be clear. The drivers in front were always aware of your presence and I assume the class does not condone aggressive blocking maneuvers.
    cheers for the coments, when that footage was taken i was really put off by the brake problems. This will sound like i'm making excusses but i was trying not to stay right behind the car in front because i wasn't to convident that the car was going to pull up in time. My dad has said something sinilar to after i was chasing him though hehe, i'll just have to practice more next meeting hehe. I ended up dropping another 8 seconds over 3 laps when i sused out how to manage with the break problem. i was able to take my normal lines and stuff then. Thanks again. Round 2 of Grafton and Morgan park will be in the next month and a bit so i will try and get some more footage. (breaks are fixed and fingers crossed i will have the new type r engine by then I've got another 8 secs to catch up to the guy that beat me in my class...

Well you got some balls, cause I would not be punting a car around the track with suspect brakes.
    DLUG Racing