Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 & Trueno Gt Apex

Apexi vafc diagram for s2000 ap1

hi does anyone have the wiring diagram for ap1? or know where and how much will it cost to get it hookd up tune?
    Cheers

S2Krazy Array
    Don't bother with a VAFC or 2, just buy an ECU.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Honda has got it right from the factory so you will not get it better and will cause premature wear on engine components.

You have to get an ecu but if everything is stock then don't bother and waste your money.

Alot of people with the controller pull out too much fuel in the curve which might get a little bit more power, but we all know that Honda likes to have a rich air to fuel ratio to help cooling.

Don't mess with what is right.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Couges - It's been documented that early models run rich in VTEC.

I'm having a bit of a problem... my ecu has 31 pins 25pins then 31 pins where as the Apexi website says it should have 32 then 15 then 31 soooo my ecu is contradicting that of the apexi's. thanks for the help guys.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Couges - It's been documented that early models run rich in VTEC.
    Set your Controller to 4800, you'll gain like 20-25hp and 10-15nm if its tuned properlly. When i get home and im not on my phone ill try find these forums with dyno stat pics. Was done in an 01 or 02 forgot what it was.

EDIT: oh and i dont know why i quoted you aus but most vafc's i've seen are on the early models. The newer ones i've heard people buy an AEM EMS ecu.. Alot more pricey though if you ask me.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Simply, There are no gains to be had with a VAFC on a STANDARD S2000. You do realise pulling fuel out can/will increase power slightly, but at the expense of running hotter combustion temps, once this becomes an issue, you'll actually be making less power than factory, and running the serious risk of detonation. This was why early models ran rich, but later models needed to meet tighter emissions, which makes less a reason to run one on a newer model

F20C Do you mean by reducing v-tec cut in point to 4800 with the use of factory cams you'll gain 20-25hp. I'm interested to see these results.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 05-07-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'll find the forums that i was on now jap and ill get back to you on it. i was breifly reading over some of it on a website.. i've read on two different websites that 4800 is the ideal point for vtec engagement in early model S2000's. But yer could be all bs but i remember seeing on one of those forums dyno pictures.. not to sure on aftermarket cams though.

heres one guy claiming he also gained 25hp.. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1619455

still struggling to find this website. its probably bs otherwise im sure everyone would be doing it.
    Last edited by F20C; 05-07-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    adrian at toda will do it i think its 150 to install 150 to tune

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    But is it worth it on a stock motor? reading what some people have said it will make the life of certain parts alot less longer then they normally would last is it true?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    But is it worth it on a stock motor? reading what some people have said it will make the life of certain parts alot less longer then they normally would last is it true?
    Wouldn't you think if power getting was achievable, safely. Honda would have found it. 90% of performance chips are remapped with fuel trimmed out of the maps. They'll tell it's and show you dyno graph's on where it makes more power and more torque. Bottom line is where it counts(6-9) Honda did an outstanding job, Yes they run rich, but for a reason. BTW still waiting for to post dyno results.

I can't speak for aftermarket ecu on a standard engine, by i'd be suprised if any gains up top are achievable but mid range could be possible, although i could be wrong? You need to replace nearly everything to get significant gains.

Spend you money on light weight parts. Increase your pwr/wgt and maintain factory reliability.