Thread: idle problem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV

idle problem

my mate replaced the head gasket on my cousins 94 Accord, the problem where facing is, when we connect the MAP sensor the car over revs (to about 2000rpm). so we have to run the car by unplugging the MAP sensor. anyone know what is causing this problem?

appreciate your help...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Your mum drives me!!!!!!!
    Could be one of the following:

PCV Valve, Thermostat, Idle Air Control Valve(IACV), The other Idle control under the intake(someone may know what its called, there is heaps of info on idle controls tho), Dirty Throttle body, MAKE SURE ALL VACCUUM LINES ARE RIGHT.

I just went through all this with my DA. It turned out my PCV valve had crapped itself. I replaced it and has been perfect since.

check all vaccuum lines and then try cleaning out your throttle body, IACV and the other idle thingy with throttlebody / carby cleaner and see if there is any diff? If not start the process of elimination with all the above items

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV
    yehh a friend of mine thinks it may be a vacuum leak somewhere. there was no problem before we replaced the head gasket.
    JDM Prelude Si-TCV - 4 Wheel Steering, Traction Control, ABS, LSD, Climate Control.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV
    iv got the accord manual, cant seem to find the PCV valve

JDM Prelude Si-TCV - 4 Wheel Steering, Traction Control, ABS, LSD, Climate Control.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Your mum drives me!!!!!!!
    The pcv valve is like a breather for the crankcase. The accord will have one however i'm not sure of it's exact location. If any1 is reading this and knows would help. Or just search other forums and google mate, try honda-tech.com

Found this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_t...nda_Accord_SEI

By the way PCV Stands for "positive crankcase valve"
    Last edited by Dane; 08-04-2008 at 05:32 PM.

OK, I'm not familiar with these exact engines, but follow the arrow pointing to the IACV (or 'IAC valve' if you like). Directly below the end of the arrow in the diagram you'll see a short rubber tube (a sort of shallow 'S' shape) that passes from the plenum to the valve cover. The PCV should live at the valve cover end of this rubber tube. It's a black plastic (probably) valve that just pulls out of it's rubber attachment / sealing grommet on the valve cover.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    listen to wise johnL

thats where they allllllll are lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    the pcv should be located just on top of the crankcase, a black cable that connects the crank to the intake mani area..but that shouldnt cause the idle to go up that much......did u try adjusting the idle screw(near the throttle body), when the MAP sensor was connected?
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol