Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ken's Accord EXi

<table width="100%" border="0" >
    <tr>
    <td >
    <u><b>Quick Specs:</b></u><br> <br> <b>Owner:</b> Ken <br><b>Car Model: </b>Honda Accord EXi<br><b>Exterior: </b>Black Front Bar, Black Wheels, Clear Indicators, Standard Silver Paint<br><b>Interior:</b> N/A<br><b>Engine: </b>H22A, Jasma Extractors, Full 2.5” Stainless Steel Exhaust with Incar Racing Muffler, Custom Stainless Steel Cold Air Intake with A’PEXi Power POD Filter, Spoon Chipped ECU (removed rev limiter to 9K and aggressive fuel ratios), Heavy Duty Exedy Clutch, Lightened Flywheel <br><b>Transmisson: </b>H22A Tranny<br><b>Suspension/Wheels/Braking: </b>Pedders Springs, Black Wheels, Metal King Brake Pads<br><b>I.C.E: </b>Pioneer 2 Faced Head Unit, Alpine R Splits Front, Alpine DDR 6x9 Rear, MTX Amps<br>&nbsp;</p>
    <p align="justify"><b>Intro:</b><br>
    We took some time to interview Ken, the owner of the 94 Honda Accord which you see before you. Ken’s 94 Honda Accord originally started off as a plain old EXi, although at the present moment, it has been transformed into what you could call a ‘JDM Bling’ vehicle. <br> This EXi began life with a plain old F22 non-vtec and has been upgraded, not in terms of capacity; its still a 2.2, but this time, it’s a H22. The H22 is a DOHC VTEC engine which puts out approximately 190 horses from the factory. It now also breathes a bit better with intake and exhaust modifications.<br>When we asked Ken why he was interested in cars, he replied with ‘cars are our daily lives. Without them, where can we go or how do we transport ourselves from point A to point B??’ He also believes that each persons’ car is different in a way, therefore makes them unique. His thoughts of the modifying scene to be a bit more challenging with people looking at each others rides and saying ‘hey that looks nice, I should do that too, then people copy's idea from each other’, which is true, to a degree.<br>
    Ken also likes Honda’s due to the fact that they have respect as being one of the most reliable and respected cars on the road (even though some are rice cookers). Secondly, he believes that Honda’s also spend a lot of time in engineering their cars and creating something which saves fuel as well as having that extra kick when needed at high revs. Ken likes driving in VTEC everyday, because its ‘healthy for it’; but he isn’t a lunatic on the road, he keeps to most of the regulations.<br>
    His best race would have been against a S2K, it was silver, stock and got him in first, but Ken didn’t give up and gained a little bit ahead of it in second, he
    didn’t win by much but he says ‘hey, my car costs nothing compared to it!’. He also perceives Melbourne’s car scene as being a little quiet at the moment, the Police are cracking down on defects, and it seems that some of the cars are shying away from the hot spots. Although, there are still more unique cars being built and ‘hey Victoria's car scene is getting there’.<br>
    The EXi isn’t going to stick with Ken forever, so when he turns 21, his planning on purchasing an NSX and turning it into another ‘JDM’ vehicle. This is also one of his goals in life, having an NSX (turbo), along with a huge house and learning how to drift. From two of his goals, it can be seen that Ken is a bit of a car enthusiast, but anyway, he would like to thank all the Ozhonda Boys and myself for conducting this interview, and writing this article. Below are some of Ken’s thoughts towards his ride and a list of specs.<br> <br>
    <u><b>Owners Input:</b></u><br><br><b>What type of car do you have? </b><br> 1994 Honda Accord EXi <br><br><b>What is your favorite single feature or part of the car? </b><br> Ohhh.. the EXi Badge <br> <br><b>What made you choose this car and start modifying it? </b><br>Well I wanted something unique, something that isn’t eye catching, or common. Want people to look at it and say “Ohh it’s only an Accord”<br><br> <b>How much power do you estimate your car has?</b><br>Approximately 120kw at the wheels.<br><br><b>How long did it take for you to get your car to this stage?</b><br>Not very long, the car was brought partly done.<br><br><b>What other cars do you own or have owned, and have you significantly modified any of them?</b><br>I owned another Accord of the same generation; it was black and very low.<br><br><b>Is there anything else you plan to add to the car in the future?</b><br>Planning on a few modifications, such as;<br>Recaro Seats<br>DEFI Gauges<br>Roll Cage<br>Teil Coilover System<br>AEM Brake Calipers and Discs<br>
    Maybe a turbo or all out N/A<br><br>

<i>- Article by A’PEXi.</i>

</td>

<td valign="top" align="center" >

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    Last edited by wynode; 11-09-2004 at 04:35 PM.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Congrats to you Ken.

And great work on this article A'PEXi.

woah.. nice ride didn't know u guys did this hehehehe, well done!!

thanks for the comments Toe also thanks to Ken for taking his time and answering the questions.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    nice reporting. this is a great idea having feature cars. keep up the good work.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    thankz peoples...
    thankz ray

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    I too think this is a good thing to have.. the feature car of OH-
    Ken --- NSX ^_^ damn ---i also liked yourother ideas too -- either way i will be loving your car hahahahA...

Dundas

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    good article.. nice feature!! nie car
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    i love the rims

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    can i ask...r those mods legal?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i dont mean to start shit but wtf is JDM BLING?
    i dont see no JDM and i dont see no BLING....
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    good article. JDM prelude h22A has 200hp. JDM accord h22a has 190hp. Kens h22a accord has at least 200hp.

the car looks good, wish mine was silver.