Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro

Talking [Euro] Exedy Hyper Clutch stage 1 or Exedy OEM clutch kit

Hi,

Havent found an answer on this forum.

In regards to clutch kit (Hyper clutch stage 1 and Exedy OEM clutch kit) can i have people's opinion how the feel, cost + install, weight compared to OEM and other advantages + disadvantages as i was looking to change my clutch and flywheel soon.

Regards, Darren
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I really am going to do a mod before the end of financial.

i also want a lightweight flywheel.

But i like the feel of my stock clutch.

So should I just get the exedy flywheel and can i use this with the OEM clutch? My clutch has only done 45000kms.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Hi,

Havent found an answer on this forum.

In regards to clutch kit (Hyper clutch stage 1 and Exedy OEM clutch kit) can i have people's opinion how the feel, cost + install, weight compared to OEM and other advantages + disadvantages as i was looking to change my clutch and flywheel soon.

Regards, Darren
    I put on an exhedy heavy duty clutch its a rougher ride cost me around $800 for the clutch and $600 for the install...... The ckutch seems to not be disengaging is what my mechanic tells me!!!! thats around about 25k-35k later its around 18months old. i am thinking of going back to original!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Euro View Post
    I put on an exhedy heavy duty clutch its a rougher ride cost me around $800 for the clutch and $600 for the install...... The ckutch seems to not be disengaging is what my mechanic tells me!!!! thats around about 25k-35k later its around 18months old. i am thinking of going back to original!!!!
    Is the bite point at the bottom of the floor? Have you bled your clutch fluid? After bleeding, if you still have the same problem, try adjusting the pushrod which goes into your master cylinder.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    I really am going to do a mod before the end of financial.

i also want a lightweight flywheel.

But i like the feel of my stock clutch.

So should I just get the exedy flywheel and can i use this with the OEM clutch? My clutch has only done 45000kms.
    I'm a bit wary of doing this, because exedy flywheels being sold for the K24A/TSX could be the part for the K20A. If that is the case, you will need a matching K20A flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Is the bite point at the bottom of the floor? Have you bled your clutch fluid? After bleeding, if you still have the same problem, try adjusting the pushrod which goes into your master cylinder.
    yeah thats exactly what the mechaic said!!! its biting like at the bottom of the floor hence his interpretation of not disengaging i think. Also when the car is pushed from first to second at aroun 6500 rpm the gears doesn't go in and just crunches.!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    u could try the fidanza flywheel, they work with the oem clutch im pretti sure

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Im very tempted to get the Fidanza witht he stock oem clutch since mine done no work.

i am concerned about the exedy needing a tougher clutch as mine a daily driver and my missus will not like a tough clutch.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    yeah thats exactly what the mechaic said!!! its biting like at the bottom of the floor hence his interpretation of not disengaging i think. Also when the car is pushed from first to second at aroun 6500 rpm the gears doesn't go in and just crunches.!!!!
    Bleed the clutch slave cylinder first. It is just in front of the radiator overflow tank, underneath the intake manifold. If that doesn't help, ask the mechanic to adjust the push rod which goes into the clutch master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Bleed the clutch slave cylinder first. It is just in front of the radiator overflow tank, underneath the intake manifold. If that doesn't help, ask the mechanic to adjust the push rod which goes into the clutch master cylinder.
    Is their anyway that i can find out if he has done what i asked. I just asked him to do that!!!! He said he will take a look and it may take an hour!!!! Will that fic the grinding from first to second??? damn man he also said my left drive shaft needs replacing!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Im very tempted to get the Fidanza witht he stock oem clutch since mine done no work.

i am concerned about the exedy needing a tougher clutch as mine a daily driver and my missus will not like a tough clutch.
    Nope, you don't need a tougher clutch. You can get an OEM spec clutch with an OEM spec pressure plate.

Fidanzas are 2 piece. Be aware of that.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is their anyway that i can find out if he has done what i asked. I just asked him to do that!!!! He said he will take a look and it may take an hour!!!! Will that fic the grinding from first to second??? damn man he also said my left drive shaft needs replacing!!!
    If you move the bite point about 1/4 from the bottom. it should help since the input shaft won't have powered when you press the clutch. But if it is a synchro grind and not a gear grind, I'd recommend you to change your MTF. What happened to your left drive shaft? Is it bent?