Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport

Need help tuning Alpine CDA-9887 HU

Anyone on OH has this head unit?... if so just wondering how you tune the head unit, for it to sound good... i got Rockford Fosgate splits, amps (1 mono block) and 2 10" subs Hx2 install in my car...

Please post up your settings in this thread...

Thanks

Rido

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    u can use the parametric EQ on the headunit (manual turning by ear) or get it tuned through a audioshop with the IMPRINT software (they hookup a laptop to the headunit to look at the frequencies and allows for further tuning)...didnt the pplz that installed your system tune it with the imprint?

i have the CDA-9883 and i tune mine on the amps (HP,LP and frequencies)
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    you cant just ask for another cars setting (even if its a top SQ comp car) as settings for one car wont b optimum for another.

best to tune it yourself (if you know how and no not just h/lpf's, theres a lot more to it) or get a pro to do it for ya

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    OK... thanks for the advice... well amps are tuned.. and so was my head unit but all the sudden my head unit went back to default... yeah might as well spend the extra cash to get my HU properly tuned with the IMPRINT

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    yea when u get it tuend with the imprint software....make sure u write down the settings LOL...saves u money and time going to get it redone every time
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    thanks solitz will do... hope they let me though...

Member Array
    With the 9887 the imprint settings get stored in memory, so even if the battery gets disconnected, your settings will be there still. With the 9886 is different, as the settings will need to be backed up somewhere as it does not store it in a ROM.