Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loud pop noise when muting or switching on/off deck

loud pop noise when muting or switching the deck on/off (Dvd unit) coming from the speaker.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    is there?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    This may or may not help but same thing happened with my home theatre system so I took the amplifier back to get fixed and then it didn't do it anymore.
    Do you have VTEC?

Member Array
    Car:
    z28 camaro
    I had the exact same problems when i installed a new amp

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    is your speakers amplified?
    coz i think its just the amplifier loosing power so it shoots out all the power left to the speakers or the subs
    coz it happens to all my subs or amplified speakers

hope i dun sound like an idiot
    lolz

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20i View Post
    is your speakers amplified?
    coz i think its just the amplifier loosing power so it shoots out all the power left to the speakers or the subs
    coz it happens to all my subs or amplified speakers

hope i dun sound like an idiot
    lolz
    you sound like one

ppl shouldn't have any pop noise to their system

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Cheap Amp's and Head Units do this. Its caused by charged capacitors that expel their charge through to the speakers or something like that.

Buy a decent Amp/HU with a built-in de-popper or get an Add-on filter that removes it.

My Sony Amp did it. I replaced it with an Audison, popping gone...
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    yes it is an amp problem.but its not just cheap amps my jl 400/4 v2 does it,thats not a cheap amp.its a common problem
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    i didnt know whether to laugh or cry, i didnt know if he was asking a question or making a statement that hes getting a popping sound in his system

and its not from charged caps its caused by switching that allows power to pass then the caps take charge once the circuit has been completed.

Laski, if you remember back in our hay day, lots of expensive gear was giving us turn on and off pop
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    i didnt know whether to laugh or cry, i didnt know if he was asking a question or making a statement that hes getting a popping sound in his system

and its not from charged caps its caused by switching that allows power to pass then the caps take charge once the circuit has been completed.

Laski, if you remember back in our hay day, lots of expensive gear was giving us turn on and off pop
    make a choice to laugh or cry , its not hard

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    The pop could be from HU and amps having separate remote in connections. Ideally you want a HU with line out for your amps. If your amps (or pre amps) turn on a different times you will get the pop noise. You can add a relay to stop this happening but this is only a band aid solution. Higher power devices are more susceptible to popping.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Member Array
    Car:
    (EK-833)
    Same thing happened 2 one of my mates it was cause he was running 2 amps off 1 pre out..

Idn if ur doing the same but he changed his deck to one that has 2 preouts and it fixed the problem..