Odyssey Spring Rate

anyone knows the stock spring rate for the RB1?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Tried looking... can't find anywhere that states the oem spring rates

My old Tanabe NF210 lowering springs were running at Front 5.7 and rear 7.7. They are supposed to be just slightly higher than stock, so I'm guessing oem front 5.5 and rear 7.5??

Tks Evo. also tried to find it but no luck. thinking of getting TK coilover with F6.0 (fixed) R7.5 (adjustable) and not sure the ride quality. btw, what brand n model r u using?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I'm on the cheap and good Tomei RS Racing Coilover, spring rate is 15 front and 15 rear, lowered to 2 finger gap, so far I've only scraped my front lower arm bar twice on really big humps.. and I mean really big. Cornering is great, the ride is alot firmer, but still relatively comfortable.

The review on TK seems good also, just the bottoming out thing because of low spring rate. Wagon coilover I think needs to be bit higher because of the weight involved. Whats the damage on the TKs.

You need to get camber kits also if you want your tires to last longer

yeah rear camber kits + coilover for sure. haven't check with traders in AUS and damage abt AUD1,200 + shipping + installation. i couldn't find any info re Tomei RS Racing after checked SHC, is it Taiwanese brand of Japanese? r they adjustable? any website? i'm also interested. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    The coilovers are Yap Brother's own brand, you will not find it in another shop or country. Made in Taiwan and fully adjustable, but the coilovers have been known to have some hick-ups before depending on the batch you get. I wouldn't recommend them for overseas buyers as you will incur additional costs to ship replacement parts over ... I took the risk and so far I've been lucky and not run into any problems.

One thing I find interesting is Tomei is actually a well known Jap brand..dunno how the shop can use the name on the suspension.

ic n tks. yes Tomei is famous on engine mod with long history in Japan. have to search over again then, may be Tanabe SusTec Pro 5/7......

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    eh?? I thought your CFO wouldn't allow any lowering to the car?

maybe something done w/o approval

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    lol...

Just a side note when changing over to adjustable coilovers for the RB1. The height adjustment is straight forward. You might get some problems with the dampening adjustment. If the coilovers come with it's own upper mounts, then most likely you will be able to play around with the front dampening settings easily. If not and you have to reuse the OEM upper mounts(which is covered up) like mine, then to adjust the dampening you will have to remove the entire shockie...

The rear is the real problem... you will have to pull down the rear just to adjust the dampening no matter what. There is no access hole from the top

So... changing the settings is not so easy on the RB1

Only if you get Tein Super Wagons with the EDFC then would could play around with the dampening easily .. btw Tein SW with EDFC installed is around $3k

Evo another tips, tks. heard abt EDFC having problems of wires snapped due to the shocks piston traveling up/down/rotate caused wiring up at the motor, unless check and lose them constantly but difficult for RB1 at the rear. thats why i like TK can adjust at the side of rear shocks but non-adjustable at front + softness on spring, dilemma.....