Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153
Results 1,825 to 1,836 of 1836
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    I have a 335xxxkms d16. will I make it out of the track alive
    Depends on whether or not you can drive well enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    I have a 335xxxkms d16. will I make it out of the track alive
    will you make it through the entrance? thats the first question you should ask
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    will you make it through
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    through make it will you
    We're doing it for the children.

Well just to give you all an update on my proposed D15 build from a couple of pages back. I've acquired an 88 crx as a donor.
    So I now have a side draft webber/dellorto to sohc D series manifold I'm not using...any takers

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Let's keep talking d-series

Warning - large detailed post..I am using this for my reference too.

Who's rockin' the mighty d still? Or even if you are new to d-series,CHIME IN!!

This thread is about engines,any problems,pics you want to share or just to brag about your d-series engine cause I love em'.I love working with what I got and bringing out it's potential. I also love how it is much lighter than b series therefore power/weight/handling balance was comfortably achieved and in the twistys I can keep up with the best of em' and tbh if in front,pull some. I've covered a lot of km in the last 4 yrs and I learned how to drive.Got my lines down.

My mods - d16y4 manual 370,000km - spun the main bearing on the y4 auto due to oil starvation from a leaking crank pulley seal,it dumped all it's oil in a 5 hr spirited drive,murwillumbah to kempsey 3 yrs ago.My mates got a flatbed and came and rescued me.Then got 2 free y4's off Daz and Lloyd on here and put one in with the manual conversion. 7'200 rev limit now and manual! YAY!

Custom Short ram intake + cold air feed - open system because of rain/water/Port matched X-Force 4-2-1 headers/2" custom exhaust (2 press bends on a mandrel bent system for increased back pressure/low end power,no res,hollow cat
    60mm tb,ported and port matched stock IM (retained for low end power vs skunk2)
    Port matched hondata IM gasket (low heat transfer to the head)
    Ported intake and exhaust ports on the head/port matched to IM and headers.Also removed headers and exhaust and port matched all the joints
    ngk V-power spark plugs
    Cerma stm-3 in engine
    air con delete,retains ps
    nrg torque damper + Energy suspension 2 lower engine mount inserts
    low temp radiator fan switch + removed thermostat keep things cool - highway type driving only
    oil catch can - gotta keep where the valves seat clean for optimal tappet adjustment (set at 6 thou intake and exhaust) and you know the tps has to be calibrated.
    I use moreys upper cylinder lubricant/injector cleaner and squirt water instead of the cleaners through the intake to clean the upper engine,check youtube - best way to clean it.
    Recently replaced valve stem seals and drive shafts.

Port matching everything makes the package complete and highly recommend it.I used a triangular dremel bit in a drill,it's in the porting the head diy.

To do list:

Put in the level 1 bisimoto cam + water pump
    Cerma stm-3 in gearbox
    Hardrace shifter bushings
    Paint half the car satin black
    Replace 2 sliding brake caliper pins

The diy's in my signature show how to get everything running and working at it's best for optimal performance.

Engine Pic:

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/be...ig7l7.jpg.html
    Last edited by beeza; 17-02-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ee3 4wd Wagon
    Recently discovered while doing the water pump my block was stamped p29 which is the obd1 d16a8 from the egs.

Head is still pm7, did a quick but of research and found that the stock compression ratio for a d16a8 is 192psi. Mines around 200 / 210 cold.

Maybe you could shed some light on this beeza?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm unsure junda...I would have to Google search it etc..

Great compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    I'm unsure junda...I would have to Google search it etc..

Great compression.
    Hey Beeza, long time no speak mate. How's the Batmobile going? B18c7 now? Is it true? This must be the first time for me to log onto OH in what it seems like years.

What got me on here was Buddy club rims. I've just actually ordered some second hand P1s with rubber for my Rex. It'll soon be more of a Honda with those rims. Dunno if they are the cast SFs or the ultra light forged QFs (pics indicate the latter but seller doesn't know). After 5 years I'm finally gettin' rid of the stockies.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Wow,5 years since. ..well you know. .

You always appreciate things more when it takes longer to get it.

Yes and finally got to get some b18c7 luvin'!! Considered turbos,built b16 etc etc but the best thing about the b18c7 is that it is agreed to best leave it alone because they came perfect from the factory.

And you know me Mike,I NEED that or I'll start playing hehehe

I'm living down near ulladulla in a caravan park in a national park. Greg and I are the care takers here WOOT WOOT Love it!

I also love the b18c7 :-D

Will be going to Wakefield park 3rd may woohoo
    Last edited by beeza; 10-04-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170327_103444.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	30057

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170327_103444.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	30057

I really suck at posting pics now..

The extra power is awesome.Vtec offcoarse is way good in this engine.You know it was only timmy's b16a second gen that done it for me..this goes hard like his aye,so that's what I wanted.

Even harder :} Great engine.I friggin' love it.

Compression is 220/220/220/200,the numbers sprung up real quick too.Rare find,a b18c7 in this condition.The gearbox is like from factory.I'm super happy with the choice.NA ALL THE WAY.High compression ftw too!! 11.1-1 it has.

Come for a holiday,stay in the cabin here and bring the subie to wakefield :}
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170401_150144.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	30056  
    Last edited by beeza; 10-04-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by JundaCoro View Post
    Recently discovered while doing the water pump my block was stamped p29 which is the obd1 d16a8 from the egs.

Head is still pm7, did a quick but of research and found that the stock compression ratio for a d16a8 is 192psi. Mines around 200 / 210 cold.

Maybe you could shed some light on this beeza?

That's your engine. Awesome for its era. That's a good d-series
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!