Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    ah okay cool. they come from the hatch right. someone told me the sedan vti made less power?

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    got a y8 in mine.

what are the main differences between the y1 and y8? intake manifold on y8 slightly bigger?
    what else is there

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I will join up turbod16.com.I despise the attitude on Honda-tech.

Management-Really the only way to go is Hondata right.I know the guys in the states mostly use crome but you never hear of that program here.What advantages does Hondata have over emanage?

That's really good to hear about puting a kit together.I've got time and it will be a great learning experience.

That's exactly the problem I had,the different terms/numbers.Felt like a whole new ball game but is it the same engine etc or are they different?

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    yeah i also give dseries.org the thumbs up.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    isnt jdm d15b the 3stage vtec engine?
    y wouldnt you build one of those? expensive?

beeza: nice! decided for the turbo setup aye? i myself am thinking of either going turbo route or for a full engine swap to a b/k maybe... but still undecided hehehe. man i cant wait to see a sweet as d16 turbo sedan around.
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    so what about the d16a8 dohc in my eg SI what would you suggest i do? seeing as i have the least aftermarket support in terms of the d series engines would you build upon the engine i have or swap to the y1/y8? i was planing a b16a2 ek4 engine swap when my engine got sad (cheap and effective). i will most probably still go through with that but just want to know if there would be a cheaper more effective way to more power in a daily driven car.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    im unsure about this stage 3 vtec business.. all i know is the power output is the same as the d16y1 but less torque.. with a unique bottom end?

Rohan.

To be honest man... i wouldnt SWAP INTO my car a d16a8 (i went through this path). but if you have it stock to begin with thats a different story. Like wise the typical argument with the B16 boys... yes the bseries is a superior platform from stock.. and i wouldnt swap in a turboD IF i had one stock in my bay. This rout is purely for people who have them in their cars to begin with.
    I guess it really does depend man on how much power your aiming for. for a starters. A bolt on setup on your car would be no different to any other SOHC setup.. (except your exhaust manifold) (All SOHC manifolds Intake/exhaust are the same and interchangeable, but not the DOHC. The twin cam is unique hence why you will find it hard to source aturbo kit to suit it) its just when you take it further... (intake manifold, cams, valve train) that there seems to be less parts for. I dont beleve there were many Dohc Dseries in the usa hence why the aftermarket support is smaller.

you should join up on CRXaustralia. there are a few boys on there who run alot of DOHC Ds with forced induction impressive numbers. its not uncommon to seen 130 - 140wkw Bolt on, low boost turbo setups. Good for low 13s. you should Pm john (the owner of CRX australia) or speak to him on a cruise (he lives in brisbane atm. ACS DRAG i believe his name is on ozhonda. He runs a 220 Wkw 11sec (Full slicks + Pro driver + c16 + 30psi) boosted d16a8. he maybe able to point you into the right direction with aftermarket support, i think he runs JnE pistons and Crower/Eagle rods.. unsure about headwork.

hope this helps dood.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Man I've being look'n for a JDM d15 box

That only real difference with Hondata and e-manage is finding someone who knows how to set them up and and who's willing to tune em in OZ for Honda ap's

Took me about 3 or 4 months to get the e-manage setup correctly but now I know how to it would only take 5 seconds lol
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 03-05-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

d series ftw

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah I really was in 2 minds for a while there about a b or d but I always have loved the d.I feel it would be a 'funner' car to drive.A b seems great raw power that just loves to be revved out and the Turbo d would just be a more practical car for zipping around.I've had slow cars all my life so a 120kw d Turbo will be sa-weet! I just hope,like everyone that petrol prices don't go to much higher...

"This route is purely for people who have them in their cars to begin with" - Oh come on Lyle ,even though I haven't driven the b,I just Love the d,the feeling,sound,it just lacks power without the Turbo.Gotta get the Turbo,then I'll be a happy boy!

Without the aftermarket support for the d16a8 engine,it's just not worth it.It will be like you throw a heap of money at the engine only to come to a point where you can't turn back and have to throw more money at it to keep it running OR/AND pay too much for parts.Either way your trapped.Same thing that was happening with my d16y4.Plenty of people have gone down that path but it's all learning,it's all good.I came to a point where I was like OK I'm either gonna throw it in and give up modding the car but if you have the knowledge and know where to get the parts (Thank U OZHONDA people's ) you can make your dreams come reality at an affordable price.It's Awesome cause everyone inspires each other.

What do you mean by Honda ap's Luke?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    d series ftw
    Fa Sure man,Fa Sure

Brett, Turbo is bang for the buck if ur staying d series, but look at getting the auto switched to a manual.

Regarding ecu, going the hondata is going backwards in this case because you need to convert a fair bit to make it work on your car when the emanage when wired in correctly and tuned will run very cleanly without the mess of a conversion