Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

Resonator Removal

Has anyone removed the Resonator from their Euro, if possible is there a tutorial on it, and what gains does it have...
    K&N Air Filter. 19" Shadow Crome HP's. 4,400k HID Lights. White GT LED Park Lights. Resonator Removed. Kenwood Head Deck in Center Consol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    http://injen.com/galleries/products/...directions.pdf
    the second page shows how to remove the resonator which is the pieces just below airbox.
    there is also a pipe which sits in the inside wall of the engine bay. its a bit fiddly but you'll be fine.

gains would be intake noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    had a look at the second page, but at which point do i need to stop ?
    K&N Air Filter. 19" Shadow Crome HP's. 4,400k HID Lights. White GT LED Park Lights. Resonator Removed. Kenwood Head Deck in Center Consol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    stop at the battery removal, i dont think you need to take that out.only for installing the cai. hope that helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I have. Easy.
    Jack up corner of car.
    Take wheel off.
    Take clips around wheel arch out and under front bumper/lip to half way.
    Take out fog light cover (or fog light)
    You can see a bolt in there. Undo it and scratch the crap out of your hand.
    Look in wheel arch, take bolt out of there.
    On top in engine bay, there is a snokle thing, undo bolt. Back under car.
    Whiggle till whole thing come loose and falls out/seperates.

You may elect to removed from bumper and it is easier to access but I did mine without doing it.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    Having attempted both methods i found that removing the front bumper makes it much easier to remove the res. + you wont end up with sore hands

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Quote Originally Posted by JunYu View Post
    Having attempted both methods i found that removing the front bumper makes it much easier to remove the res. + you wont end up with sore hands
    yep definately.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    if i can recall i only loosened the left side (did not remove bumper) and pulled the under wheel well guard out and undid the bolts then jiggled out so not too hard....
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    I used the wheel arch method, was by myself and didnt want to hurt my front bar, easier if you have small hands. I rekon it was worth the time.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    wheel arch method is easiest, laziest and quickest.

i took my bumper off anyhow cause i was going to add mesh as our accord euros collect alot of rubbish due to the holes in those massive grills section just under your rego plate. BUT i got too lazy.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    thnx heaps guys!
    ill try both ways n get back to u guys...
    might take pics as well...MIGHT!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    Just finished taking the resonator off, took me approximatley 20 minutes with the help of a mate by moving half the wheel arch cover and the foglight, but i think just by common knowledge it would be easier to do it that way than removing the whole front bumper..., thanx Billzor for your steps and thanx honk for the link to that step by step.