Member Array
    Car:
    Euro

oil leak in 04 euro

my car has started leaking oil today. Possible causes? I don't think the sump plug is loose, last service was done about 3K ago.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    where is the oil leak coming from? if it is leaking from the sump plug then they may have not changed your sump washer or put on a sump washer.

If this is the case the only thing you can really do is buy a new sump washer, undo the sump plug, drain the oil out into a oil container, replace the sump washer, redo the sump plug and put back the drained oil.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is it dripping down onto the floor? Or are you finding that the oil level has gone down but you don't have a pool of oil on the floor? Look around the engine to find any oily spots. If you can't find any, check if it is leaking at the sump plug (unlikely) or if it is leaking at the oil filter (more likely). If the leak is at the oil filter, I'm guessing that the mech who took off the old filter didn't check if the rubber gasket had torn off and got stuck on the oil filter port. When the new oil filter is put on, there are 2 gaskets on and that causes leaks.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    You need to be more specific,is it leaking from the top of the engine?Or the side,front etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    thanks for the info guys - i was visiting a client this afternoon and returned to my car to see it sitting in a pool of oil !!!. had a look underneath and oil was dripping from the sump plug. got car towed to cousins garage and somehow the sump plug had gotten itself loose - damm.

all fixed now, but we were baffled to how the sump plug got itself loose.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    prob wasnt tightened with a spanner at the 1st place!

no - more than likely the old washer was reused on the sump plug. Not tightened and it worked its way loose.
    go to a different mech next oil change.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    yeh i had the problem too only couple of drops of oil here and there not significant leakage, i got lazy and didnt change my sump washer.
    last time i went to my mates workshop to fit my headers and cat in i tightened the sump nut again. Mainly due to vibration and not fully sealed from residue.

but will change washer next time around.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9