Newcomer Array
    Car:
    legend

C32A power upgrades?

Hi Guys, Don't hate me (too much!) but I'm planning to put a Honda C32A engine into a Mazda MX-5 mated to a Mazda RX-7 gearbox. It will fit no(t too many) problems (hey, people put 5 and 6 litre V8's into MX-5's!). The car won't be road registered and will probably use a MoTec computer. I have no desire to use any forced induction. What kind of power can I expect to get out of the C32A with just cams, exhaust, iair ntake and tuning on the MoTec?

p.s I have a FWD Legend gearbox that I don't need. What's it worth?

Interesting choice of engine.... has anyone developed a adaptor/bellhousing for the engine/box combo or are you going about this yourself?

What series RX7 box you hoping to mate to it?

And yes to people having put V8s etc into them (the various Bullet configs come to mind) ... Lexus/Toyota 4L being a nice bit of kit.... but I'm surprised you did not go for a 13B of some desciption.

Only reason I say this is simply... lightness, greater ease of install and easy power... even in N/A as you are wanting to stick to.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Ok obviously this has come from your Legend?
    As above,although it's a nice idea it's not really practical.
    The 13B would be the smarter option hands down.
    It's been done already,it's lighter so won't ruin the weight dynamics too much and power increases are easier with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Theres a shop in brisbane that does Rotary conversions in MX5's, they make the front tubular and put a fibreglass front on it. Go the Rotary!!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    why would you choose something with little (if any) aftermarket support?

you'd be better off with a 13b, ls1, f20c or nissan engine. they have all been tried and tested before in mx5's and have much much more support
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    legend
    I am surprised at all you Honda people pushing for a rotary! As much as I respect what rotaries can do, I don't want one! The bellhousing/adaptor will have to be made. It will be series 6 RX-7 stuff (series 4 & 5 stuff is getting hard to find). The reason fror the C32A motor choice is (1) I already have it (I don't actually have a Legend, just the motor), (2) it is a V6, (3) torque (4) it is light (5) it is north-south configuration (and it is not a Holden 3.8 iron lump!). The only other realistic choices of a V6 are Mazda 1.8, 2.0, 2.3 miller cycle & 2.5 V6's (all cast iron & east-west), Ford's KZ 3.0 V6 (built by Yamaha and only available in the U.S and east-west), Holden alloytec 3.6

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Your in brisbane, go to Phil's Rotarys and see what they have to offer.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by bozo21 View Post
    I am surprised at all you Honda people pushing for a rotary! As much as I respect what rotaries can do, I don't want one! The bellhousing/adaptor will have to be made. It will be series 6 RX-7 stuff (series 4 & 5 stuff is getting hard to find). The reason fror the C32A motor choice is (1) I already have it (I don't actually have a Legend, just the motor), (2) it is a V6, (3) torque (4) it is light (5) it is north-south configuration (and it is not a Holden 3.8 iron lump!). The only other realistic choices of a V6 are Mazda 1.8, 2.0, 2.3 miller cycle & 2.5 V6's (all cast iron & east-west), Ford's KZ 3.0 V6 (built by Yamaha and only available in the U.S and east-west), Holden alloytec 3.6
    c32a is not a performance engine. as i stated above it has no aftermarket support. being a legend engine parts are EXPENSIVE (if you can even get em at all). and lastly you will struggle to find a c32a in nice enough condition to want to put it in your car. most are sludged up from poor maintenance or they lifters are gone

it'd be a shame to waste a nice NA chasis with a c32a
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 20-05-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan