Thread: Check Valve

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K

Check Valve

i dont have idea what the guys over the states was talkin up about the check valve, to eliminate.. engine check light!
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    ??? what's your question?
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    if your wondering what a check valve is its a one way valve. like you can blow throught it but not suck.
    they use them inline with the MAP sensor so it doesnt see positive pressure.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    lol.. sorry bout that.. i was in hurry lol ..

when my car shift from vac to boost... is crap .. will check valve do it? to make the transitions better?

ohh... where can i get them?

*noob here
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    lol.. sorry bout that.. i was in hurry lol ..

when my car shift from vac to boost... is crap .. will check valve do it? to make the transitions better?

ohh... where can i get them?

*noob here
    There are heaps of them available on ebay US. But apparently a 2 or 3 bar map sensor is a much better option.

Someone( friend of a friend) fixed mine but I have no idea how he did it. My turbo EK still has factory ECU and drives normal. Engine light still comes on though.
    Is a turbo D quicker than NA B?

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    A check valve will allow your ecu not see boost pressure on the map sensor, hence allow you to run boost without encountering cel limp mode.
    You can buy a cheap check valve from your aquarium shop <$3.. They use it on the air pumps to stop water/air going the wrong way. If you want a heavy duty version use the ones they put in line with your vacuum feed for your brake booster.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    so you boosted your car. now after ~10mins of driving the engine check light comes on?but it doesnt effect the performance of the car right?

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    check valves pretty much used to bleeds the boosted air so that the map sensor doesnt throw u a engine check light. and u would probably notice the car runs like shit wen this happens. make one urself, its not that hard.

u'll be able to drive underboost forever without the light coming on, its only when u hits about 1psi or 2psi of boost is wen the ecu will throw u the light
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    check valves pretty much used to bleeds the boosted air so that the map sensor doesnt throw u a engine check light. and u would probably notice the car runs like shit wen this happens. make one urself, its not that hard.

u'll be able to drive underboost forever without the light coming on, its only when u hits about 1psi or 2psi of boost is wen the ecu will throw u the light
    i get the light after about 10mins of driving off boost, or about 3-4min after of hittin full boost. but it doesnt effect the performance of anything, car runs fine.i was told to change my stock map sensor to fix the light .

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    do u guys have any diagram or picture where to put the check valve?

i know there is another way that u change the map sensor but i cant find anything in australia ..
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    do u guys have any diagram or picture where to put the check valve?

i know there is another way that u change the map sensor but i cant find anything in australia ..
    ive ordered a hondata 4bar mapsensor, they are suppose to be a straight swap for factory ones.