Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04

Fog light bulbs....Possibly an easier solution for replacement.Same Color as low beam

Hi guys,
    Was browsing thru ebay and came across theses... dunno if these are the right fit but if it is might be the easier solution to getting our foggies to be the same colors as our low beams...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ultra...m380028225319&

can someone check if this is the right size bulb. Im pretty sure it was. I noticed there was a thread on a conversion thing. Tho this is plug n play.

My only concerns are that:
    1. If they are the correct size?
    2. If they are bright enough... (tho i dont use my fogs really, so if they just make the car look beta i might get it)
    3. will it take up alot of power. Since running my other LEDs in the car i have come across the problem that my car batt dies if i dun leave the car running and turn the key on for too long. So yeah.

Can anyone verify any of my concerns...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    also like to add... with this product would H9 bulbs still be brighter...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    nice find..
    yes euro foglights are H11.

my take from details on their page is that it's more for looks than practicality. I mean, you wouldnt drive around with your high beams on unless they were really dim.

http://www.ijdmtoy.com/webpage/products/LED_bulbs.htm

" Suitable applications:

* Fog Light Lamps
    * Driving Lamps
    * Turn High Beam into City Light "

i think you'll find you wont have any power issues unless you leave your foggies on with the engine off for an extended period of time, which you just generally dont do anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz_II_Die_IV View Post
    also like to add... with this product would H9 bulbs still be brighter...
    LED foglights produce nearly no lumens at all, absolutely useless for functionality, only good for looks.

The product on ebay is also too blue, if you want to match your low beens you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    LED foglights produce nearly no lumens at all, absolutely useless for functionality, only good for looks.

The product on ebay is also too blue, if you want to match your low beens you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K
    generally wave lengths of LEDS design dont go too far, hence why when you get LED bulbs they consist of multiple LEDs for a stronger output but wavelength would still be the same depending on colour also (research colour spectrum and find the colour that has the furthest wavelength).
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K
    Yeah around there is the sweet spot , i decided to change my foggies again from the MTEC 4750k down to 4350k, its pretty darn close to the stock HIDs that come with the lux.
    But, i probably shoulda gone with the H9 and did that conversion for more lumens output. Coz with H11's.....its just lols.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    Ive got LED fog lights, totally useless, but i wanted to match my HIDs.

I got them from www.superbrightleds.com

I think they were 9.95 USD each.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    if your not going to be doing much long distance driving or in areas that build up much fog then foglights are pretty useless.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    I Foglights are useful when driving in low lit streets and finding a house number because they have a wider spread than the HID low beam. I find the HID beam too straight and narrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    I Foglights are useful when driving in low lit streets and finding a house number because they have a wider spread than the HID low beam. I find the HID beam too straight and narrow.
    nice nice, thats very true.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    LOL I thought the HID was crazily wide for low beam when I first got the car, defininately ALOT wider than a normal halogen lights. Fogs are bit wider than the HID

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Miz_II_Die_IV !!!

Get the H11 Mtec 4,750K bulbs. they will match your HID perfect, trust me. i tried many brands before.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU