Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

quick emanage tips and tricks

Hi Guys,

I dont know who still uses emanage here, i do so i thought id share a few things that might not be commonly known here, I dont know if this is "how to" worthy or not.

1) Emanage blue can be used to tune load based as appose to TPS:

To do this one must connect the TPS wire from the emanage to the MAP (in) wire on the emanage. Remember to calibrate it from 0-5v first (can be done with a 5v battery easily).

2) Emanage blue can be used to log a/f ratios from a wideband sensor, you just need to connect the analog reading from the o2 to the yellow MAF #2 wire in the top row of the main connector. and use the alpha tools located on google.

3) Emanage blue can be upgraded from any previous version to emanage gold easily. Software can be found online.

If this is too brief let me know, I didnt post any links as my posts got killed by mods when i post links to files.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Thanks for sharieng man. The emanage blue is a pretty nice piggyback which can do alot of cool stuff. Works great for a stock motor setup. And can be had for next to nothing. Ive installed them in many cars.

MY tips

1) The ignition harness for our cars is can be easily mocked up. Its only two wires. The plug is the same plug found RX7 series 5-7 headunit plug.

2) optinally, u can by the iginition harness and use the leftover wires to wire up the injection harness, tps and other inputs into the main harness.

3) always upgrade the emanage to the latest version before you start tuning. the old versions are very tempremental.

4) U can wire up a GM 3bar map sensor very easily, as opposed to getting the greddy pressure sensor. this can then me used to tune the car over 11psi (stock map sensor cutout point).

5) Dont go over 440cc injectors in any d-b-h-series. If you want to, u need an emananage ultimate. THe tip-correction cannot be adjusted and it will make idling and throttle response hell.

6) Always double check the jumper setting sinside the unit. On alot of GReddy turbokits, they are without the vtec jumper engaged, and vtec will not activate.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    Thanks for sharieng man. The emanage blue is a pretty nice piggyback which can do alot of cool stuff. Works great for a stock motor setup. And can be had for next to nothing. Ive installed them in many cars.

MY tips

1) The ignition harness for our cars is can be easily mocked up. Its only two wires. The plug is the same plug found RX7 series 5-7 headunit plug.
    2) optinally, u can by the iginition harness and use the leftover wires to wire up the injection harness, tps and other inputs into the main harness.

3) always upgrade the emanage to the latest version before you start tuning. the old versions are very tempremental.

4) U can wire up a GM 3bar map sensor very easily, as opposed to getting the greddy pressure sensor. this can then me used to tune the car over 11psi (stock map sensor cutout point).

5) Dont go over 440cc injectors in any d-b-h-series. If you want to, u need an emananage ultimate. THe tip-correction cannot be adjusted and it will make idling and throttle response hell.

6) Always double check the jumper setting sinside the unit. On alot of GReddy turbokits, they are without the vtec jumper engaged, and vtec will not activate.
    In the bold;

so the rx7 harness will fit the emanage ignition connector / connector 2?

all harnesses fit in the emanage side of it, all we need is a harness with two wires (to save money) but any e-amange ignition harness will fit into the emanage connector

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    i went to get a tune, didnt have d harness, guy goes get the harness and theyll finish the tune,
    so all i have to source is this rx7 harness yeah ? cheapert than gettin a greddy one? yeah

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    The e-manage blue works great and it underrated IMO

I'm running the H-3 harness from GReddy, straight PnP and everything is enabled that I need

Firmware version 1.49 (newest)

You can also raise the rev limit on the blue by confusing the unit when setting fuel cut by setting conflicting limits

I've lost the dam link after Firefox f**ked up and I lost 6 months of saved sites and tech info.............

I'll be look'n of that info once a upgrade cam & value train lol
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    u recommend dat harness instead? or is d same one?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    u recommend dat harness instead? or is d same one?
    If Mikes having to hack his harness then yes get the H-3

The ignition harness is built into the H-3

No hacking needed just PnP

Plus is about a meter long and allows you to put the unit anyway you want in the caben
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 24-05-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    can u link me on this cable, im tryin search but im not too sure on what i should be looking for, and price if u could please.

This thread is helpfull az

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    can u link me on this cable, im tryin search but im not too sure on what i should be looking for, and price if u could please.

This thread is helpfull az
    http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/1246.pdf

page 13 on the PDF and Rotor setting

Not sure where you can buy them as I got mine as a complete fluke lol

Search
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Tru...fxdZ1QQ_ptasZ1

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Yeep Agree here in australia ppl doesnt see Emanage as a good piggy back im not sure why but im pretty satisfied with my emanage ultimate! lol !

and thanks for the tips!
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

emanage works just fine for me too, so i thought id share with people out there who wanna save money and still get pretty good performance and reliability out of their emanage =)

any questions guys please ask