Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

k20 2.5" or 3" exhaust!!

hey guys, just wondering which exhaust i should get. A customized 3" exhaust straight thru no muffler,a 2.5" Tanabe SMH Exhaust, Fugi Power Getter or a HKS super silent.

I was planning to get a 3" exhaust straight thru no muffer, like my old BC spec2 one.

Prices are $550 for straight thru 3", Tanabe $700 Fugi $650 Hks $700
    Just thinking if the branded ones have anything over the customized one or will i be paying a lil extra for the name..

Also i already have Headers, and hi flow cat with 3" collector just wanna have a complete system to top it off =)

Can anyone give me some ideas on which one i should go for? cause i will be getting either one of these next week

Cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    The fellers in the states run 3 and that seems to work well. As long as you keep it straight with minimal bends it will be fine,
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Sweet, i know 3" will lose abit of bottom end but will have good top end, but i didnt really want the bottom end lag. will 2.5 straight thru be too restrictive?

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    No idea, what header setup, 4-2-1?
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

wouldnt have a clue, previous owner bought them from Thailand.
    will take a look when i get it done =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I have just installed a 3" with toda heads and 3" cat. Let me tell you that there is no loss anywhere in the rev range. The car revs out quicker and is livelier from start to finish. Its also a little louder too though. Call it imagination but I should have put my money on the three inch from the start!

Hope this helps.

BTW 3" may be beneficial if you have I/H and possibly ECU too. On a stocker it may not be as good!

sweeet , i guess ive made up my mind!! 3inch it is! Do u have straight thru or with muffler?

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    3inch man.. 2.5 is too small i rekn.. and too quiet..

I used to have 2.5 straight through w/o muffler or resonator with spoon header combo, that's just too friggin loud for a daily drive car. I shift at 2000 rpm top otherwise it's just ridiculously loud. So watch out for cops.

the power gain is not significant w/o muffler, I tested on dyno it only gives 2kw extra top end

someone told me before that some race track actually limit the noise level, e.g. phillip island. Someone got banned for the day with BC2 on DC2R.

I am actually will do a custom b-pipe for my dc5, as I already have spoon axle back. So should I just go 3" then? LOL
    Last edited by black_dc_5; 13-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by dslt View Post
    sweeet , i guess ive made up my mind!! 3inch it is! Do u have straight thru or with muffler?
    Magnaflow cannon. Heaps louder but since the 3" went in. Will need to put a dog in the middle to take the edge away.

No matter what It'll still be loudish.

Oh well!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    arnt u boosting ur car?
    sif you would even consider 2.5 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Magnaflow cannon. Heaps louder but since the 3" went in. Will need to put a dog in the middle to take the edge away.

No matter what It'll still be loudish.

Oh well!
    If you don't mind, where did you get the custom zorst done?

sorry for hijacking a thread a lil