Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9

DA9 Turbo Information

Hey guys a mate and i were thinking maybe its time to give the DA a lil more power by dumping a turbo kit onto it...I have the stock standard 1993 integra LS engine and was just wondering what info there is about turbing it, what i should do before i turbo it and how everything fits together.. Like how they run the oil line and the water line etc..and any engine bay pics of people who has done it before... also if my car has over 230,000kms how long would it last?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    breeze guess wats inside?
    How long is a piece of string? life span of engine comes down to how you drive it, the position ur engine is in etc.
    BseriesOUS~!~

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    LOL perhaps do some more reading but to set u off, oil line can be tapped from the block or via a sandwhich plate that sits under ur oil filer. water lines can come from the throttle body and perhaps wen u install the kit, u might not wanna flog ur car and instead find a smaller turbo for more down low power. remember after the kit theres tuning which cost another arm and leg. take ur time with gathering info
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    mate ive read up alot, im just trying to gather a lil more info from someone whos actually put a turbo on there DA and hopefully someone in melbourne so i can meet up and check it out...This way i can see wat they did and whether its wearth it etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Maybe get off your Ps first
    Bought from: Taleb Tyres, scyt7e

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    maybe you would like to break down 'little more info' that is by far way to broad for anyone to answer
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    dont care about being on p's and doing turbo....and dont answer if u dont no, i want info not sh*it

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    i wouldn't talk like that. we're people who try to help you and give you some proper advice and if you don't want to take it you don't have to. if you've read about turbo b18as and done proper research then you wouldn't have to be here asking us whats our opinoun on your car.

best person if you were to ask someone would be Q_ball he had a turbo b18b which is very simular to the b18a1.

from what i know the b18a/b is a great and reliable engine to turbo and as iwantvtec said its really dependant on how you drive your car and the condition of your engine. the life span on a engine is roughly 300,000kms before a rebuild.but people have done longer. it just comes down to how you look after your car. if you want genuine infomation about your car and turbo. the question you are asking is very self explanatory. what do YOU want for your car not what we want for your car. installing a turbo kit isnt that easy as "bolt on" so get it done properly and they can do it for you. theres no proper "DIY' to help you out when your doing major things to your car mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    Quote Originally Posted by thescotty View Post
    what i should do before i turbo it and how everything fits together.. Like how they run the oil line and the water line etc..and any engine bay pics of people who has done it before... also if my car has over 230,000kms how long would it last?
    Before you turbo it, check the condition of all of your coolant hoses, thermostat, fans, flush radiator, head gasket (compression test) etc.

Oil line like said runs from sandwhich plate or t off oil pressure.

Water line, I ran mine from the heater hoses, not a common method because needs special T pieces

Engine bay pic I dont have, looks stock

230,000kms, need to atleast do a compression check

How long it will last is variable. Depends on your engine condition and the quality of parts

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by thescotty View Post
    mate ive read up alot, im just trying to gather a lil more info from someone whos actually put a turbo on there DA and hopefully someone in melbourne so i can meet up and check it out...This way i can see wat they did and whether its wearth it etc.
    well then why dont you tell us what information youve gathered so far?

what type of turbos have you seen used on b series?
    have you consulted a dictionary to learn how to spell 'worth'?
    info on oil/water lines would surely be familiar to you if you had read up a lot..

why dont you try and piece together an idea for components in a turbo kit and then ask for suggestions, rather than asking people to do it all for you?

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    im not asking people to do it all for me, i dont care if i cant spell? and thanks to stocky he answered some good points which i will highly consider, i have mates who are helping me install it as a couple of them are mechanics....the main questions they wanted to no was where we would run the oil line, and i wanted to no about more about the rest i asked..
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 09-07-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: you want help, don't bite the hand that feeds

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    http://beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

read that
    im sure it will answer ALL your questions
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD