Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fd1 brake pads

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    My OEM pads squeak.

Happens to be more noticeable after the brakes get warmer with start/stop. Only 25K on my car as well! :O

Asked another few people with FD's... apparently I am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    My OEM pads squeak.

Happens to be more noticeable after the brakes get warmer with start/stop. Only 25K on my car as well! :O

Asked another few people with FD's... apparently I am not the only one.
    Yup. I used to have that problem aswell.

Got Honda to check it out when the car was still on warranty and no problems were found.
    So I Changed pads to Bendix like the guys were discussing in the thread.
    and no more squeaking noise.

Also, Try not to maintain the brakes. Like, Dont spray them with water after a long drive
    and sitting on the Hand Brake at the lights. Because they're crap brakes they tend to heat up
    easily and can warp.

my FD1 OEM brakes now squeak all day even after hard braking, its giving me the shitz now

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    just so ya all know, CRV, DC2 R and early NSX pads all fit our FD1 with a tiny bit of pad material removed, 20secs !

Leetie plenty of quality pads available for under a $100, if ya dont mind a little dust then I cant recommend the Remsa's enough, I also replaced my front rotors with another set of DBA's last month, they do a budget non slotted front rotor pair for $128.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Fd2 pads same as fd1?
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

a side questions. just want to ask all fd owners - do you feel like when you step on brake, you have to push quite far in to get the brakes working? I mean push further than other cars I have driven. Is it normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    No Leetie I find the FD1 brake pedal pressure is pretty consistent with similar cars. Something that will make a difference is the better brake fluid and Pads. Hey Leetie why dont you put up your location ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Best bet would be to pull a front & rear pad out, take it into your local Bendix supplier and match it up with their book
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    oem cost around $160 for the rears...fronts is almost the same price

squicking was gone when my front rotors was resurfaced at 70Tkms

ill do DIY for the rears this weekend,,,,

@ Stevil Im located in Brisbane. I think next service I will get my brake fluid changed.. currently 72k on my odo

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Wow, didn't realise I posted in here three years ago. My OEM pads in the rear gave the ghost recently, so I got Bendix pads to replace them. DB1515 and DB1142 in the rear. I noticed Bendix didn't put brake shims on the front pads - and my mechanic didn't transplant the OEM ones over either, but the rear has them from Bendix... any issues here?

Quote Originally Posted by rk 86 wa View Post
    hey guys, just wondering if anyone has changed pads yet on the fd1s?

what pads did you go with?

fronts/rears/fronts and rears

why?

cost?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks!
    I personally like to use Honda Genuine product.
    There are plenty of other good brand on the market such as QFM, Project Mu, etc,. But I am playing safe here.

for the Rotor, I would go with DBA 4000 series non slot. Unless you want to go to track sometime. Go with Slot version. DBA-4488 vs DBA-4488S. Don't take DBA-488.