Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007

Nsr pgm-iv(4) mc28

Just wondering how many of them are around oz, does your friend or yourself has one?

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    I personally know of 2 MC28's going around Victoria. They're rare but can still be found, for an exaggerated premium.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

i had one, sold it and got myself a mc21, my friend has a mc28

not worth the trouble of getting the 28 as its alot harder to derestrict than the 21.

21sp is top choice imo, you get over the look of the single sided swingarm and the novelty of the card

rare to see any 250 2 stroke sports bike on the road nowadays as well, except for scooters

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT

Cool

My mate has an MC28SE. They are a bit more expensive to buy and derestrict than the MC21... That's why I got an MC21SP (Pentax Racing colours): http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...MC28_small.jpg

nice laijer, did you purchase your bike like that or did you get the rear fairing and chambers from japan?

you guys got it good in melb though, are the nsr250s still rideable on your L's?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Hi lam,

Nope, NSR250's are no longer Learner Legal in VIC since they implemented the LAMS list.

My bike came with a stock rear but it was a bit damaged, so I bought a used (almost new) Tyga GP500 tail off my mate, the guy with the Repsol replica in the photo, as he had just upgraded his tail to the GP Race tail. I've since sold that tail to my other mate, the guy with the MC28 in the photo - as he'd stacked his MC28 and smashed up his tail. I upgraded mine to a GP Race tail too. Now all I need is new uppers and lowers and full repaint in Rothmans to complete my parts list.

The chambers are actually stock with fake CF stickers on the end cans (I bought the bike like that). I got a whole new Tyga GP stainless steel system to replace the stock ones, but have been too lazy (and also banned by the wife) to put my bike back together since the top end rebuild.

Do you have a pic of your MC21? Which model is it: R/SE/SP?

There's a few NSRs zooming around Melb in summer and a heap load of RGVs and RS250's.

I'm a bit of a 2T 250 proddy racer fanboy

Cheers,
    Jerry

i have a rothmans SP, the fairings are abit damaged by the previous owner but they did a good job repairing it, not that bodgy once its altogether and mainly the insides that have been repaired.

the bike came with a R motor and wet clutch, but i have the SP motor with the dry clutch sitting in the shed, needs a new cyclinder and piston. thinking of rebuilding it with the 300cc and sell off the good cyclinder and piston. hopefully the crank and transmission is still ok, need to get it looked at. just dont have $$ atm to spend on the bike.

chambers look the goods tho, cant afford a set myself, but my cousin has some damage ones i might take to a blacksmith to see if they can repair it if possible.

this is what my bike looked like in the ad, didnt differ much when it got transported up here (came from MELB!), but it did have its suspension rebuilt which is good.

currently i've stripped the fairings and been riding around with none since my old carb was flooding and would kill my sparkplugs, got a new carb which has been cleaned but not tuned yet so it does have a few flat spots, just not bothered to put the fairings back on.

yeah i guess its just the colder months, but their not as common up here as they are in melb.

only problem with 2T is the smell, not for me but everyone else i dont even notice it anymore till i get home. it smells... sweet to me, guess the missus doesnt see it my way.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    That looks sweet dude! The Rothmans paintwork is by far my favourite

A 300 kit would be awesome, that would set you back about a $1k or more though, but you'd need a free flowing exhaust system to compliment that.

How badly damaged is the cylinder? Can it be replated?

got really bad scoring, and the head is rooted should post some pics up later

yeah but for the price of a new cyclinder, its worth it https://www.slipstreamperformance.co...oducts_id=1368

dont really trust 2nd hand and the ppl who have them want top price for it, might as well get the extra 50cc while im at it too

just gotta save up, need new sprokets, chain and rear tyre now too

did you do the rebuild yourself?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    That sux - cylinders are mega expensive!

The guy that owns the Repsol replica in the photo rebuilt it for me - he knows his NSR shit. I just had to remove the engine out of the frame for him.

yeah thats what makes the 300cc so much more better, but your right about the chambers need to get them sorted, but i think a guy in NZ is running the stock but modified chambers, then gotta jet and tune, stickier tyres, braided lines... the list can go on and on and on

thats lucky, i need some motor rebuilding skillz, but i guess NSRworld.com is a pretty good resource i think they have a guide on a top end rebuild which is basically what you're doing.

i think it was your mate that was selling the rs250 usd nsr a while back yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by lam.666 View Post
    yeah thats what makes the 300cc so much more better, but your right about the chambers need to get them sorted, but i think a guy in NZ is running the stock but modified chambers, then gotta jet and tune, stickier tyres, braided lines... the list can go on and on and on?
    The stock exhaust is very restrictive and heavy. My whole Tyga exhaust systems weighs less than one stock chamber.

haha, I think we have the same list

thats lucky, i need some motor rebuilding skillz, but i guess NSRworld.com is a pretty good resource i think they have a guide on a top end rebuild which is basically what you're doing.
    Yeah NSRWorld.com is a great source of info. The best I could do was take the engine out and remove the cylinders. I wasn't confident to do the whole rebuild.

i think it was your mate that was selling the rs250 usd nsr a while back yeah?
    Who Karl? He had an MC21 with RS250 engine and USD forks... maybe yes. He sold that to B Components for $3K including a rebuilt SP engine that hadn't been turned yet - a bargain I reckon. I would have bought it off him if I had the cash, just the USD forks and engine alone is worth more than $4k.