Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude

DA2 popup headlights always up

What controls the popup headlights on old integras? ('88 DA2). Are they servo motor/mechanical linkage?
    Mine decided to stay in the "alert" position even when I shut everything off. They still light up, so not a big deal I guess but it looks wrong and vulnerable to passing vandals/increased drag etc.
    No doubt its a Relay Problem like everything else on this absurdly complicated car! I still haven't managed to locate any relays or fuses that make sense....the fuses don't look anything like the picture on the lid.....aaagh

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Could be a blown motor.
    Does it make any sound when you try to close them?

Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude
    No - they used to come up when I turn on the headlight switch on the column, and retract when switched off. Now there is no noise, nothing even trying to work.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    There should be a motor in the headlights (same as the 1G crx flip light panels)

it sounds like its shit itself or the relay is gay

If you want a temporary fix i believe there should be a manual winder for the headlights
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude
    There are a couple of knobs with rubber covers beside each headlight unit but i'm assuming theyre beam angle adjusters. Theres a sticker that says to manually retract headlights (doesn't say how of course) remove TWO 15A fuses first - so I guess there are two motors - unlikely both break together? So I'm inclined to a relay problem, but how to find it thats the dogs breakfast.....the fuse box is a mystery in itself

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    There is a chance they blew together but imo it would be a relay aswell

Go here and download the Service Manual for the teg

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

and if that doesnt work JOIN HERE they will help you out!

http://www.g1teg.org/
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude
    Thanks for those links its great to know where to get help. hey, your Civics even older than my integra....
    Confession time folks. I just discovered another button on the dash - yay, its a manual headlamp retractor switch (actually I phoned the local honda wreckers who said they thought there was one somewhere) now they work fine. DERRRRRRRRRR....

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    where is your local honda wreckers mate?

You're actually local
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation