Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by emanuera View Post

Yeah, Um.... Not ready to disclose the engine type (In fear of servere criticism) But If by OEM you mean "Real-time 4WD" then no.
    The driveline wont be that of the CR-V type.
    Realtime wasn't designed with performance and reliability in mind, I just don't see how a viscous centre diff would be all that reliable.
    Does anyone know if the Epic Tuning EF have driveline issues?

Anyways, Im interested to see what engine/driveline combination you guys think are worthy of such a setup?
    No i wasnt asking about the engine though am slightly curious (the fact you are dedicating time and money into this doesnt deserve criticism's and if you receive any whoever gives it deserve to drive off old pac)

When i was asking about OEM usage i was more referring to will you be hunting and using the EG 4WD parts and Driveline pr if you would be improvising with CRV parts

If you are going to get a diff Perhaps try and get something other then Viscous (have heard good and bad about them but imo i would steer clear)

its direct out of the wagonvan EF and HARDLY a bolt on bolt off system but to my knowledge no problems yes

Only problem i see with that one would be the drive shaft/system failing but if they did there homework and did some pre-fail work then it will be fine and able to handle the load/living in general with ease (the older 4wd systems werent the strongest)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    crazy...........but would be good to see finished

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    longitude mounted b20vtec with symmetrical awd

hey Emanuera,

just out of interest, where did you find that exploded parts diagram?

I've been trying high and low for info on the 4wd civic versions.

Nick.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    thats the type of diagram that honda australia use for parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I think there was a year or two ago a downloadable Service Manual from the 4WD EG's on a UK forum
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH9
    Hey everyone!
    When the guy I was dealing with through Honda NZ said he had found the fuel tank, I asked for pics of it and he emailed me that diagram.
    Yeah it's from a service manual, I was meaning to ask for a copy but it slipped my mind.
    Before I got the tank, I tried looking for it everywhere. All I found was the Japanese RTSi brochure ( I remember thinking I needed to find some Japanese mates to translate)
    I should really track the service manual down, I reckon I could probably get it now.
    But here's what I'll do for you guys...
    Here's the part numbers for the parts I bought:

Fuel Tank Part Number: 17500-SR7-030
    Fuel tank protector Part number:17519-SH7-050
    These items are available from Honda Japan only.

I hope that helps some people.
    I know how frustrating it feels when people know the answers to questions you spend hours trying to research and they won't tell you.
    If someone says it can't be done, Don't be discouraged.Do it just to prove them wrong

> thats the type of diagram that honda australia use for parts.

Been there (Honda spare parts that is).

No 4wd exploded parts diagrams available from Aus. Honda.

Honda Australia never sold the 4wd civic versions so they don't carry it on their books.

If you have a part number and insist it's real they can usually get it in.

Nick.

emanuera, can you get back to your contact and ask for an exploded parts diagram of the 4wd trailing arms with accompanying part numbers?

I want to know if the 4wd arms are different from the 2wd versions.

I know there exist some 4wd arms from the earlier Wagonvan civics, but they'
    re ED platforms and hence too different.

Nick.

I think I've been given info on EK5/8 trailing arm (the awd version).

Part number of Trailing Arm

RH is 52370-SR7-A00
    LH 52371-SR7-A00

and price is about $1000.

Any Kiwi's out there able to take a photo the rear sus of this mythical beast?

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Tried a few NZ honda forums?

They might also be able to help source parts

Ill contact my NZ buddy and see if he can find any info/parts/forums for ya
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

> Tried a few NZ honda forums?

Yep.

Apparently total Honda production of the EG/EK 4wd was in the hundreds and focused in a few strange, exotic locations ... like NZ

The limited production and non-performance nature means there are scant references on the internet. Mostly people who don't believe.

> Ill contact my NZ buddy and see if he can find any info/parts/forums for ya

Thanks.

Information and photos would be appreciated at the moment. I'm not in any hurry to spend money I don't have in the first place.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 27-08-2008 at 04:18 PM.