Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

DIY sporty/classy look door trim on ur dc2/4 (as they are different to EG/EK)

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: to make your door trim look more classy or sporty!!

Equip: Adhensive spray, screw driver, scissors ,colour pencil/chokeany fabric u like prefer thicker fabric i used microsuede black fabric bought from spotlight, small knife, newspaper, and a lot of time

Step 1: Take off the door handle simplly just unscrew the screw near ur lock on the door.

Step 2: Slowly peel off ur old fabric, start from the side not the door handle[ Just the fabric itself, not including the black plastic, after you peeled off, it'll look like this

Step 3: clean the surface area, here is where ur small knife becomes handly here

Step 4: use ur old fabric that u peeled from ur door trim and place it on top of ur fabric and trace it with a colour pencil or choke

Step 5: place newspaper in the surrounding area with tape on the trim so when u spray the adhensive on, in case u accidentally sprayed on the rest of ur trim and spray evenly on the surface area, spray the edge first and work ur way through to the middle section, just a thin layer will do

Step 6: now spray evenly on the back of ur fabric, this is required since the it'll last longer on ur trim for daily usage.

Step 7: wait for 2-3 mins to let it dry BEFORE u stick the fabric on. Now after 3 mins its time to test ur crafting skills, stick it on BUT firstly stick the part where ur door handle/lock is so it'll line up straight, after u done so, use ur other hand to stick on the side which is closer to ur right if ur doing the passenger side vice versa for driver side. REM to hold firmly so you wont get winkles or bubbles on.

step 8: after its on, use scissors to cut off the edge so it makes a perfect fit into the trim, use knife to tuck the small edge hanging around into the gap of the trim, work ur way thru around the edges untill its finished!!!

before:

after!!!!

Please be kind as this is my first DIY by myself without anyone watching haha and also i know this had been cover for the EK/EG but i guess someone out there owns a dc4/2 would like to do it aswell as the door trim is totally different to the EK/EG where u cant take anything out of the trim THANKS GUYS
    Last edited by jeffreymui; 28-08-2008 at 07:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    good job man !..
    quick question.. cant you take out the door trim and access the material from behind like on the eg's ?
    wouldnt this make the edges cleaner ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    cas the door trim is different to the EGs, our door trim is one piece while the eg and eks are removable...u can pull ur whole door trim off and have a look...abt the edges, u just have to becareful when u do it took me like 20 mins to do the edge just for one side

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    correct tools can do the job.lol
    just use a soldeing iron and where the 1 piece joins, there are actually plastic rivet kinda things, if u melt them it bcomes a 2 piece, thn u can use hot glue to put it back togethr

Did that to mine a while ago , you cant take them out in seperate , its joined together when i last did this.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    agreed to g_kn....for the dc its all one piece....its not like that have those donut thing attached to it like the eg/ek

Newcomer Array
    how abt for the 92 - 96 honda preludes ? r they one piece or 2 pieces ?