Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF

Quicky: coilovers missing brake line support?

Was installing my coilovers on my Ed9 and realized that my teins are missing the two brackets for the brake line support. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and if its ok to just leave it.

The first two are the fronts, as you can see it has the brake line support bolts

Mine are like this, just smooth.
    Last edited by bumography; 06-09-2008 at 05:59 AM.

use large cable ties to hold the line or bolt holes to your shock or suspenion fork.
    use two a side to keep the lines out of the way of the driveshafts and other components

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    thanks
    thats exactly what my mate did
    Although i already used some metal wires

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    what type of teins for which car?
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***
    █████████████████████ 100%

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    use ur stock brake line supports, u should be able to tapp them off with a rubber mallet

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Stainless hose clamps

or stainless zip ties.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    The old ones are untappable, they're welded around everygap!
    They're tein HR's for ED9 CRX

thanks for the helps, i was thinking of stainless hose clamps, but it seems fat zipties can do the job.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX-5 SE
    I would not suggest plastic cable ties, as they are not the strongest thing to use (especialy if u have braided lines) as mentioned above use a stainless clamp, but make sure not to make it to tight, last thing u want is to have no fluid going to ur brakes :S

Cheers Dave.
    'The Dave'

Old - DC2R - 122fwkw - 1:10.6 WP

New - MX5 SE - 165rwkw -

Quote Originally Posted by czy_sol87 View Post
    use ur stock brake line supports, u should be able to tapp them off with a rubber mallet
    You can't do that, not with Tien's anyway. The circumference of the tien body is large than that of the stock ones.

Whether you use stainless ties or not (Good quality Nylon ones are fine, just don't you those from the $2 shops). The purpose of the tie is to just hold the brake lines away from moving parts, so make sure it tight and secure.

Make sure you leave enough slack in the brake lines to ensure it doesn't rub or bind on anything, turn the wheel lock to lock to check as well.
    MFactory Competition Products

Account Disabled Array
    i used cable ties on my EG which i track often.. No problem at all.. make sure use 2 cable ties just to be on the safe side

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    cable ties FTW

you can reuse the stock brake line holders off stock shocks , on SOME coilovers.

Examples are - EG / EK / DC and CL9 front shocks can reuse the brake line mount , on TEIN and KONI suspension. Bang it off and place it back on. Its advised via the intsructions and should be done when possible. Not sure what other coilovers or shocks can reuse the mounts.