Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My Euro Super-Low ride height review using Tein Flex.

Hey Guys i just want to let you all know about my experience with the TEIN Flex on an Accord Euro. Im no expert in technical terms.. soo im just going to describe it in my own words..

TEIN Flex
    Price: $1900
    Purchased on: April 2006
    Travelled: 29,000KM
    Front Drop: 10.66 cm Max. + an extra 1 cm by loosening the springs
    Rear Drop: 7.36 cm Max. + an extra 1.5 cm by loosening the springs

One of the reason why i didn't get the Super Street is because of the maximum drop. The look that i wanted to achieve was to look like as if i had an Air Suspension kit fitted without paying $6-8K for it and thats why i went with the Flex.

At first i had it installed at TOP ONE Automotive, dropped front and back by 2 inches, asked all my friends how it looked and said that it was very low. but then 3 months have gone by and to me it didn't look that low, so then i started jacking up the car myself and lowered it even more. and now that its dropped to the max, I had a lot more problems than usual. i couldn't get into most shopping malls, would definitely scrape everytime i go over a speed hump, constantly driving like a granny with my head right up against the windshield looking out for put holes. and even tho i had all these problems and parents keep asking me to raise it up but i still haven't. But the worse problem i had was one day when i had a full car load, i went over a put hole and all the sudden my VSA light switched on and i couldnt turn it off, a few minutes later while i was driving i heard a loud clucking noise made from the rear left wheel. and thats when i started panicking. i quickly called TOP ONE Automotive and told them what had happened and that i was coming in to get my car checked. When i got there they told me that i was very lucky to have made it to the workshop and not have an accident, apparently that clucking noise is because my rear left wheel was about to come off. they showed me by shaking the wheel and it woobled even tho it was tightly screwed on. So then i had to leave my car there overnight and get it repaired. $585 repair job (had to replace this and that). i know this is all my fault.. but im happy with the way my car looks. i just want to advise people not to do the same suspension setup that i did because trust me, you'll have alot issues. dont be stupid like me.. hehehe

Hope this review will help others decide how low they want their car and the consequences.

h0ly shit is that how you roll normally??!

edit, just read. yes thats crazy..

yeh man this is my daily ride.. my only transport

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Moving to the Review section... although it looks more like you are reviewing a super-low ride height rather than the Tein Flex themselves.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Do Want.

Rein....i <3 ur ride height.....freakin teh awesomes man.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Toooooooooooooo low.Needs some 17s or 18s.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    talk more about the actual item itself and then call it a review...this is mostly about your experiences with having a LOW ride...
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

title fixed...

lower it more so it sit on the stockies

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    so what did they replace? One of the suspension links probably broke- all the camber plus full car equals stressed out Euro!

A camber kit may have helped

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    well its expected something is bound to give way at that sorta ride height esp with shit sydney roads.

i think you should raise it back up abit or get some bigger rims to offset that drop...

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Toooooooooooooo low.Needs some 17s or 18s.
    IM NOT too fussed on how low it is,
    I reckon u definately need bigger wheels man, i got a cd5 with 18s and they look tiny....

euro is worse, go 19s.

should even raise it a little once the 19s are on, to avoid scrubbing.
    will look immaculate
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....